What should I snag off this Lse?

LsKd

LVC Member
Reaction score
Its a perfect match as I have a 2002, I assuming its an Lse because of the chrome lining on the bumper. On top of everything they don't know its an Lse so I can likely snag the parts for cheap. What would y'all recommend to grab?

Its a 2002, found it on Craigslist they are parting it out and don't seem to know that an Lse is different, also I found the half clear half red tailights 2003 for 100 is that a good buy? Heard they are rare

I guess my point was that you could get better answers if you posted a link to what you are talking about.
As for the gen II red/clear tails, that's not rare at all.
What parts are you wanting? You do know that the parts that are different between a "normal" LS and an LSE are very few?

I assuming its an Lse because of the chrome lining on the bumper.

ummmm. LSE's dont have chrome on their bumpers. well at least an 02 (perfect match...)

there is no need for assuming, they look pretty different from other LSs.

since you dont know, this is an LSE...

275BD394-D5E5-4A62-9EF1-08E66919D800_2.jpg

275BD394-D5E5-4A62-9EF1-08E66919D800_2.jpg

these are the ultra rare two tone 1st gen tail lights

hqdefault.jpg

the two tone inner section being just as important, and quite different from a second gen two tone

hqdefault.jpg

chrome bumpers like this have luxury package(usually the base model) and have wood grain wheels and shifter knobs

579D8241-BA08-4525-90DA-ED517E8A0AC6_1.jpg

579D8241-BA08-4525-90DA-ED517E8A0AC6_1.jpg

bumpers with out chrome have the sport package and also have a leather steering wheel and shifter knob

ford-drops-gt-supercar-lincoln-ls-and-performance-pickup-photo-212976-s-429x262.jpg

ford-drops-gt-supercar-lincoln-ls-and-performance-pickup-photo-212976-s-429x262.jpg

Y'all got on my head so fast about that lol

Why did you think that was an LSE? Now aren't you glad you posted a link?
It was probably clear headlights that you heard about for $600.

Why did you think that was an LSE? Now aren't you glad you posted a link?
It was probably clear headlights that you heard about for $600.

Dude on Facebook has been trying to sell his "1st Gen" two tone setup of all 4 tail lights for $600 (for a year or so). I quote "1st gen" because they're actually 2nd gen outers. It's sad to see the number of people saying they'll have the money for them (and some LSE parts) next paycheck. 1st Gen clear headlights+markers go for about $300 on eBay.

LsKd, Gen 1 two tones are ultra rare. They were never installed from the factory. There were plans to export the LS, which required yellow rear blinkers, so many two tones were made. They could be bought from the dealer for a while. All Gen 1s were shipped out with all-reds, though.

Almost all Gen 2s, however, came with two tones. Only the 04/05 LSEs came with all-reds.

The inner "lights" are very destinct from each other. Gen 1s are almost square and have a tail light in them with a ridgy surface. Gen 2s are a tall skinny rectangle with no light and have a smooth surface. The outers are more similar and are even interchangeable. The two main distinctions is that Gen 1s have ridges and 3 light bulbs: blinker, tail, and tail+brake. Gen 2s have a smooth surface with 2 bulbs: blinker and tail+brake.

Here's BigRig's Gen 1 with Gen 2 outers. Note the ridges on the inners

View attachment 828458431

Dude on Facebook has been trying to sell his "1st Gen" two tone setup of all 4 tail lights for $600 (for a year or so). I quote "1st gen" because they're actually 2nd gen outers. It's sad to see the number of people saying they'll have the money for them (and some LSE parts) next paycheck. 1st Gen clear headlights+markers go for about $300 on eBay.

View attachment 828458431

You're talking about Jorge....That guy is a complete douche. He sold the inner Euro Tails that he had for $200. He was trying to sell a set of outer GEN2s with the inner GEN 1 EUROs as a matching set for $400. He strung me along for about 6 months, on the inner left EURO, before selling them to another guy. I made sure to let the other guy know that he wasn't getting what he thought he was getting. So Jorge was only able to sell the inners for $200. But not before I got the part# from the inner left EURO tail. But no luck in finding the piece anywhere. I have even contacted a couple dealerships in the UK to see if they had the parts. At this point I would be willing to pay someone stupid money for that one piece.

probably would be cheaper to switch out the rear bumper and deck lid to just fit a full set of 2nd gens on there.

Unless you prefer the look of the Gen 1 two tone over the Gen 2

Don't y'all have pick your own parts junk yards where y'all live..There are alot of Lincoln ls littered throughout my area. A bumper and taillights off an Lse would set me at 100$ bucks Max.Just sayin

A bumper and taillights off an Lse would set me at 100$ bucks Max.Just sayin

post the pics...

with very few LSE's built, I cant imagine you having too many of them in your junk yard. hell there is probably still a guy on here that would pay a couple hundred or more for a bumper!

There are several junkyards near me. They only have a few LSes (more gen I than gen II), no LSE, and I don't think that any of them had intact bumpers.

Members online

Back