what should i pay

RustyBaker

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guess what, my front air ride decided to go. Should i get the whole thing done, or just the bags and leave the compressors, or what? Whats a fair price-range i should be looking at? thanks.

First, if you decide to keep the air ride then go with the Gen 2 front struts (air bags). They ride better.

Secondly, I would order them brandy new from Max at 5 Star Ford 1-800-866-1520 ext. 236. The reason I say get brandy new ones, you do not run the risk of having them fail as fast as a set of rebuilt ones, and they are only @ $200 each for them.

As for the compressor, you can purchase one from Eddie at American Air Suspensions in Florida. He rebuilds them, and he is hands down the BEST when it comes to it. Not only are they cheaper ($150 from him versus $400 new), but they outperform the factory units. I have been running his compressors on my cars and have NEVER had a problem with them. I slam my car EVERY day and the compressor has to work that much more, and I have NEVER had a problem with it, and I have had it in my one car for over 3 years with NO problems what so ever.

Hope that helps a bit.
:Beer

RustyBaker said:
Hey guess what, my front air ride decided to go. Should i get the whole thing done, or just the bags and leave the compressors, or what? Whats a fair price-range i should be looking at? thanks.

Before you go replacing them id make sure the bags are actually bad, ive seen a few different times that its just the o-ring that went bad. Id be upset paying hundreds to fix a problem that could be as easy as a $2 part that takes a few minutes to replace.

67Continental said:
bought a new compressor from Eddy today :)

Is he the MAN or what???

Also, if you need help you have my number. I have done QUITE a few of these and have a decent amount of knowledge on what you need to do, and the easiest ways possible........give me a call or hit me off here and I will call you....since I still have your number.
:Beer

Members online

Back