What Mods Have you done or will do on your conti?

napoleon1072

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm currently in the process of modding my 97 conti and thought i'd ask what you guys have done or will do to yours might give me a few ideas.

Pioneer DEH-P6700MP MP3 Player

Pioneer CDX-P680 Multi-Disc Changer (In Armrest)

Eurolite 912 Xenon Crystal Interior Bulbs

Eurolite 194 Xenon Crystal Interior Bulbs

Street Glow 9007 Xenon-White Headlights (Look of HID for $15 :N )

Coming:

Pioneer 4 Channel Amp
StreetGlow White Led Undercar Kit
30% Tint All Around
Green Led Tubes under driver and passenger seats
AutoStart

what have you done?

considering this car has cost me $2700 in the past 4 weeks and will cost me another ~$200 or more here soon. I would say none.

cobra conti
i know what your talking about
in 12 months iv spent 6,000 dollars
hey buddy don,t get mods lol
just take your money to the stealship service center tell them how mouch you have to spend
and tell them to fix what they thinks is about to break LOL

napoleon1072 said:
Street Glow 9007 Xenon-White Headlights (Look of HID for $15 :N )

What is the wattage of the stock headlights? These seem to be rated a bit high at 80/100W? Wondering if the difference is big enough to where it could damage the housing around the light.
If not, that's a good deal :D

im not really sure about that conti so that's a good question :p the contis been in our family for years never had any issues with it it's well maintained and been taken to change out it's fluids and get a check up reguarly so i've been told she'll last me years. I just got it from my dad and those streetglow bulbs are really sweet I head sylvania silverstars in there before and the difference between the two is really noticeable.

I put HIDS on my car and a tornado fuel saver to save gas and bit of Horsepower.

Love the Sig Pic Mark 0101 --- Soon I expect to have a similar pic as ill have 2 marks, a tc and am looking for either an LS or a Conti for the Wife.

Conti2K said:
What is the wattage of the stock headlights? These seem to be rated a bit high at 80/100W? Wondering if the difference is big enough to where it could damage the housing around the light.
If not, that's a good deal :D

I though 80/100W was stock. emmm.......now im unsure :Bang

napoleon1072 said:
im not really sure about that conti so that's a good question :p the contis been in our family for years never had any issues with it it's well maintained and been taken to change out it's fluids and get a check up reguarly so i've been told she'll last me years. I just got it from my dad and those streetglow bulbs are really sweet I head sylvania silverstars in there before and the difference between the two is really noticeable.

really on the streetglows? For like $15 they are better than the $40 Silverstars? I though Silverstars are supposed to be the best?

mark0101 said:
I put HIDS on my car and a tornado fuel saver to save gas and bit of Horsepower.

hows tha tornado fuel saver working out? notice much increase in either?

wow like 4 miles to the gallon
where can i get one of these from
and how mouch will it cost is it easy to install

also not to teqnical where would you put it at exactly i know where the airfilter is but
there Mass airflow meter is in there do i have to take that out and put that in or what

No it was not in the same conditions, I tried it in different days. I will take off the tornado sometime this week to see and do it in the same days. I have a airhog filter too so I don't know if that made any difference but I am just going to take off the tornad see the MPG and put it back on to see the MPG.

bigdog, You just put the tornado in the intake,you don't have to do anything to any parts. you put the tornado after the mass airflow meter. I will take some pics.it was 69.99 but the last time I checked it was 59.99. don't buy it from pepboys or anything like that, buy it from the interenet and make sure it has the fins.

Can anyone tell me how much to travel before the MPG reading stable?

i was looking on ebay i buy alot of good stuff and some junk of of there
but i saw the torando first i look on the websight to see wich size i neede to get and it sed somthing bout KI75 i think
so i look on Ebay saw 3 on there from 6.50 up to 40.00
the one for 6.50 was a demo
and the one for 40.00 is new in box

Street legal for all cars currently in the US is 55 watts. Real HIDs are actually lower (usually around 25-30 watts), but they are so bright because they use a balast which amplifies the signal when you turn them on, and the Xenon gas aids in the burn rate of the filament. I have seen a handful of imitaion stuff and my conclusion is this:

PIAA - there are different levels; I have the highest level in my SAAB, which is the Super Plasma GT-X. Having driven next to other cars at night with both standard halogens AND real HIDs, I can tell you that these are phenominal! They are ~90% as effective as real HIDs, if not alsmost 100% most of the time. They are not cheap retailing at ~$110 for the pair, but look on ebay. If you find a reputable seller, you could likely find some shipped for $80. These are filled with real Xenon gas, but don't need a ballast to start them, like real HIDs, becuase they use a traditional 55 watt filament. However, while these are indeed street legal, the wattage equates to a much higher number based on the efficiency of the bulb.

Sylvania Silverstar - reputable name and supposed to be good. Price is ok at ~$40 for the pair.

Everything else I understand is not supposed to be so great. You're car may look like you have the color of HIDs, but if you care about lighting up the road, forget it.

Good luck,
Eric S.

I had the silverstars and while they're brighter then regular halogen they were just a brighter white then I had another xenon bulb in my headlights which once again was just a brighter white then I got these Street Glows and I love them by far the best they're a bright white with the blue tint in them they make my silver conti look sharp at night i'd recommend them over the silver stars plus there only $15 so hey go pick em up if you don't like em return em and get yourself your silverstars.

There is no basis in physics for the Tornado to do what they claim it will do.

I took my 97 for a drive last night at actually the lighting sucked but they lights do look tight coming at you so im planning on replacing my streetglow bulbs with real hid

As far as "what will you do on your conti" goes - I've been drawing up plans to build a fully integrated computer into the car... basically it'll cover things like GPS, radio/cd/mp3 functionality, possibly some TV tuner or DVD... it will be run with a 7" touchscreen in place of the current head unit. I'll likely put a big HD in the console for easy access, so I can load it with music. The computer will be hooked up to the OBD port as well for instant stats. Oh, and I'm planning to design / program the interface that's going to run it all myself :) Should be a fun little project.
I'm thinking the glovebox will be a prime spot to build a fully customized case into... that'll make for easier (shorter) connections to stuff like a HD in the console and a plug on the OBD port.
Ultimately I want to intercept the signals from the wheel mounted controls and use them with the computer.
So much stuff to do, so little time :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back