What kind of tire dressing do you use?

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
I kinda like the Meguiar's Tire Gel. It seems to work quite well, and lasts alot longer than most of the rest of them. They make it in 2 versions........shiny, and sorta dull...but they both work great......IMHO. Plus, since it is a gel it does not sling onto the side of the car as much....as long as it is applied correctly. You can use a wax pad to apply it, or you can use the applicator that they provide in the package......or you can get the Tire Swipes to apply it.

i use the new black magic spray but i hate it cuz no matter how careful you are it still gets onto the rim and eventually like you mentioned it gets on the body....when i have taken my car to get detailed sometimes they use some silicone product but never asked them what it was and it lasted pretty long

Meguiars Gold class. Actually I use Meguiars gold class on my car for all applications except the polish. I've found Turtle Wax colour polish is excellent but needs a layer of Meguiars gold class wax straight after it to really bring out the shine.

Anyhow, for tyres (and under hood plastics) its Meguiars all the way!!!

Joeychgo said:
Meguiars

Trouble is - it never seems to last.

What doesnt last? The Meguiars or the tyres?

I have trouble with my rears wearing just way too fast. This might explain it!

burnoutff.jpg

Casper said:
What doesnt last? The Meguiars or the tyres?

I have trouble with my rears wearing just way too fast. This might explain it!

burnoutff.jpg

HEY.....there is something wrong with your car....besides the fact that it is smoking.....'

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side..... :p :N

1wykdmk8 said:
I kinda like the Meguiar's Tire Gel. It seems to work quite well, and lasts alot longer than most of the rest of them. They make it in 2 versions........shiny, and sorta dull...but they both work great......IMHO. Plus, since it is a gel it does not sling onto the side of the car as much....as long as it is applied correctly. You can use a wax pad to apply it, or you can use the applicator that they provide in the package......or you can get the Tire Swipes to apply it.

If that's Meguiar's' Endurance' your referring too it's the best I've used so far.
:p

1wykdmk8 said:
HEY.....there is something wrong with your car....besides the fact that it is smoking.....'

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side..... :p :N

Hahahaha, nah, right hand drive is the correct side (the "right" side).
You guys in the US just had to be difficult and swap for some strange reason!
Just think, if you swapped to driving on the left, you could have all our wonderful Falcons!!!! I say start a petition now to change!!
:N

Tire dye vs silicone

1wykdmk8 said:

I use Auto Sport's Tire Black, which is actually a dye. Contains no silicone to discolor lower body panels. And it lasts a good long time. Gives the tires a nice satin sheen. Available at AutoSport.com

Meguiar's

I always stick with the meguirs last alot longer but if any of u have white walls try hittin it up with ajax and a scrub brush turns them bright white again then apply dressing

1wykdmk8 said:
If you can find it, Turtle Wax makes a gel that works great! Comes with a handy sponge applyer and really makes your tires look good. :L

Ahhh I see lots of meguiar's Users out there. A good Thing! Here's my professional advice, Meguiars Makes the best tire dressing out there... but its not mentioned on this thread yet. Yes the Gold class endurance Is a good dressing, But it has a tendency to sling. Meguiars also just came out with a New tire dressing. Its Called INSANE SHINE its a Aerosol based dressing That Is the shiny'est Ever. It makes everything else out there look dull, and its lasts about 6-10days.

Now For meguiars best product. #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel.

Its a professional product, i use it heavy in my shop along side the Nxt insane Shine, The shine is great, durability is great, the product wont sling, and wont stain lower panels, and It does your plastic trim also!

If your out there looking for the craziest shine you can get. Nxt Insane Shine is by far the best product for you.

Other Honarable Mentions- Meguiars Gold class Hot shine, 3m's tire and rubber dressing, and Meguiars All season dressing.

I just donl like the suser shiney tires. It just looks gressy, and nasty. but I have neaver tried Meguiars tire shine I do not like there wax but would like to see how it looks thankx for the advice yall

I know its an old thread but no thread is dead, just forgoten.

I am supprised how many people like to grease up there wheels. Only time it looks nice is on a car that doesnt drive, show cars. I like a deep rich black. I scrub them with westlys bleach white. If you never did it, do it about 2 or three times to take off years of road dirt and tire grease. It will come off brown like mud water. And works nice for white letters and white walls.

I know its an old thread but no thread is dead, just forgoten.

I am supprised how many people like to grease up there wheels. Only time it looks nice is on a car that doesnt drive, show cars. I like a deep rich black. I scrub them with westlys bleach white. If you never did it, do it about 2 or three times to take off years of road dirt and tire grease. It will come off brown like mud water. And works nice for white letters and white walls.

I agree, I love the flat black look too. If I do use a dressing after the bleach white, it's Zaino. It doesn't sling and it's not fake shiny looking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back