What kind of Gas Milage does the LS get on the highway, long distance?

MangoMan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Im about to drive from Florada to NJ in my 02 LS. Im trying to figure exactly what gas is going to cost me. I dont drive on the highway much at all, so I havent seen much of a diffrence in Gas mileage. So, I was wondering, does the LS do alot better on the highway on long distance trips? And also, how many gallons is the LS's tank?

Im currently getting 14.2 miles a galon arround town.

Also, a bit off topic, but I found this intresting.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/license.asp

It will vary from each car of course, but I get around 21-24 mpg. On my trip to florida, when i would fill up I would get around 290-315 mile till empty. Cant remember how many times I had to fill up, but i think it was around 5-6 times. I could be completely wrong.

I think I got around 24mpg when I went to Vegas, 5 people in the car. I usually get around 18-19 around town, mostly surface streets, some hwy.

When i got my car I drove it back from Ohio to Florida and I avg 22-23 the whole way. I usually get about 14.6 in town

24 something is the best I've ever gotten on the Hwy, usually avg. around 19 in the city, and that's taking it easy which is hard to do once you get on a good long drag of roadway. Best way I've found is to set the cruse. Also helps from you getting a little antsy and having to post one of those "I got a ticket threads" when you get back....:)

wow, must be something up with my LS, I get gas milage in the low 20s all the time, city or highway, most of time mid 20s on the highway. Probably just my driving though. I like to cruise, I may be in a hurry sometimes but, not in such a hurry I want a ticket.

V8 or V6?

I have an 02 LS V8 sport, i brought back from florida in the spring time to NJ

AC on steady 22mpg, no AC around 24 - 26mpg

Jay

Just an update. Took a trip to MI the week of the 4th. Just a little over a 1000 round trip. On the way up, I averaged 26.6 mile to the gallon. After driving around some rural streets for a few days, it dropped, of course, but I ended the trip back at home on 24.9 mile to the gallon. Running 93 octane BTW. That's better than my '01 V6 Sport Trac.

I just took a trip a little while ago and i averaged about 25.6 according to the comp.

I averaged around 23 going about 85 on my way up to Ohio. YOu guys must lay it down in town. I already have a heavy foot on my take off and I average about 16.8 or 16.9. I cant imagine yours :eek: :eek:

Yea, I averaged about 22 mpg on my trip.

Haha, when I first read this message, I thought to myself, "Wow somone is takint the same trip I did!" then I looked at the user name.

On the highway I usually get between 22-23 mpg in town I usually get 15-16. This is running the required minimum of 91 octane.

Last trip I went on(only trip in the LS) I got up 24 I believe for alittle bit. After I got back the mileage stayed up at lik 21 for a few days. Wish it was like that all the time, I typically get 18.5 - 20 in mostly under 50 mph stop and go depending on how much I want to hit the gas.

Best I saw was 27mpg, that was right after filling up w/ my normal 93 oct. and driving under 50 mph to Taco Bell and back.

Best thing to do is use minimal electronics: Heated/ cool seats, a/c and such and keep the windows up and even not use the cruise and you well see the best results. Whenever I got on trips I try not to use the a/c or anything else that is not needed and try not to use the cruise but that can get irratating after while and tiresome on the foot.

'02 V8 here. On flat highway, at about 1900 rpm (60mph)...I average 24mpg.

I used to get 24-26, but lately I've only been getting 20-22. It is hotter than hell here right now and I think that is affecting my mileage

J3FF said:
I averaged around 23 going about 85 on my way up to Ohio. YOu guys must lay it down in town. I already have a heavy foot on my take off and I average about 16.8 or 16.9. I cant imagine yours :eek: :eek:

man thats not calld a heavy foot :shifty: heavy foot is when u get 12-14 mph in town now thats bad, but i do need new tires every lil while too tho :(... but when i do go on the highway and set the limit at 70 i get around 26 w/out ac and 24 w/ac:D

I travel 84 miles round trip to work everyday and I use cruise control. set speed to 74 and use the A/C. 02LS V8 Premium gas 20-21 hwy 16-17 around town. I used to drive with the windows and sunoof open and noticed the milage on hwy 17/18 mpg now better with A/C on

ls02

TheRebel said:
I used to get 24-26, but lately I've only been getting 20-22. It is hotter than hell here right now and I think that is affecting my mileage

Rebel, your mileage variation may also be due to the gasoline blend. I don't know about Indiana, but here in CT, the summer fuels are formulated with 10% ethanol as a substitute for MBTE. The ethanol seems to affect the mileage on the cars, because my MPG went down about 10% when the fuels switched from MBTE to ethanol.

gas guzzler

On my 02 LSE V8 I get 15 mpg around town with premium gas
20 inch rims are gonna be on next week I think that 15 is gonna go down to 12
I STILL LOVE MY LINCOLN :)

ToddG said:
Rebel, your mileage variation may also be due to the gasoline blend. I don't know about Indiana, but here in CT, the summer fuels are formulated with 10% ethanol as a substitute for MBTE. The ethanol seems to affect the mileage on the cars, because my MPG went down about 10% when the fuels switched from MBTE to ethanol.

I heard that the blends were changed for summer but I didn't think of that affecting my milage but I bet your right. Nothing against Indiana but I live in Missouri.

Members online

No members online now.
Back