What is this country's problem?

Randeaux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was watching the news this afternoon, and everything I saw disturbed the Hell out of me! Two stories in particular, really made me want to vomit. The first story is about Andrew Veal of Athens, Georgia. If you don't recognize his name, you soon will. Over the weekend, Andrew Veal somehow managed to get into the Ground Zero containment area (Yes,THAT Ground Zero) with a shotgun and managed to commit suicide. The motive is believed to be that Mr.Veal was despondent over Sen.Kerry's loss in the recent presidental election. (of course, the media had said that this was over George Bush's win of the election.) Either way. The other story that destroyed my appetite was the rage and fury unleashed throughout the senate over Arlen Spectre's comment over The Supreme Court and it's future nominees. THERE WERE PRAYER VIGILS OVER THIS MAN"S DISMISSAL! Does this man not have a right to his opinion? The way this story was presented, there was more rage over this man's pro-choice stance than the comment he said. I seem to remember BOTH Bush and Kerry were saying that now the election is over we need to come togheter and unify for the better of OUR Country. What in the holy-400-hell is going on folks? It seems in the past 5 days this country is splitting farther apart, much more than ever! If you want to know how the terrorists will "get us" this is how! We, as a divided country are doing it to ourselves! The terrorists have to do nothing! WE ARE DOING A GOOD ENOUGH JOB DESTROYING OURSELVES! There is no such thing as, individual thinking left in this country at all these days. Either you are LEFT or RIGHT that's it. It's just like High School all over again. Either you're cool like the Jocks and Cheerleaders; or you're cool, like the anti-social suburban bad-boy rebels and riot-grrls. What ever happened to just being you? When did us Americans become so self-righteous? Both of those stories presented to me, a prime example of how this ultra-partisan bullspit is taking the Country right down the road to a totalatarinist dictatorship in the near-future.We need to wake up and smell the revolution forming under our feet! We need to start working togheter to build a strong United States again.

*****( I know I may not sound like I'm a political theorist, but, these are MY general concerns,words, and feelings, not someone else's printed article.)
**********************************************************Put Back Togheter The Disjointed States of America! PLEASE!

BTW, if this thread has angered any of you then, maybe it might get you to thinking about what it is all about, and maybe, what we might be able to do to change for the better, and rise back to the Enigma we once were.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is NOT that Bush was re-elected. The problem is that more than half the country is so easily misled by someone like Bush. If it wasn't him, eventually it would've been someone else. The country has turned into a bunch of sheep and by the time they wake up and realize it, it will be too late. People just do what they're told without question. So busy in their everyday lives, they have no ability to see how few civil liberties they have left, and how fast the ones they have are being taken away.

The problem is NOT that Kerry was elected. The problem is that more than half the country is so easily misled by someone like Kerry. If it wasn't him, eventually it would've been someone else. The country has turned into a bunch of sheep and by the time they wake up and realize it, it could have been too late. People just do what they're told without question. So busy in their everyday lives, they have no ability to see how few civil liberties they have left, and how fast the ones they have are being taken away.

Ah, I feel so much better. Change a couple of choice words and bingo.

More people voted for GW than any other presidential nominee in US history...

John Kerry received the second most vote in US history...

The division was almost 50/50 between the two...

This country is bleeding and bleeding bad..... If it doesn't get fixed we will not be the world leader for long.

Watch out for the Red.... China is rising.....

On a lighter note...

Here in Lincolns vs Cadillacs we should all work on having one of each a Lincoln and an Cadillac LOL

Let's show the US how to opponents can work as one United Place of America!!! :V :W :Beer :invasion:

mespock said:
More people voted for GW than any other presidential nominee in US history...

John Kerry received the second most vote in US history...

The division was almost 50/50 between the two...

This country is bleeding and bleeding bad..... If it doesn't get fixed we will not be the world leader for long.

Watch out for the Red.... China is rising.....

On a lighter note...

Here in Lincolns vs Cadillacs we should all work on having one of each a Lincoln and an Cadillac LOL

Let's show the US how to opponents can work as one United Place of America!!! :V :W :Beer :invasion:

Okay, I got mine. See...
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/vb...scadillac.com/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=693
Your turn! :N

Hi All

Mespock said:

I think you should all be made to own an English car, then you would realize how well off you are :D

Regards

Dereck

I've already got a Cadillac and a Lincoln......I'm appropriately automotively schizophrenic!

Too many of these... LOL.

Democratic Seal.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back