What is the Zephyr replacing?

nothing, just a new car to the line up. It will be in the same size category as the 3 series and the c class etc.. The LS is more in the 5 series range.

Yeah, it's yet another attempt for Lincoln to shed it's "Geritol" image.

But they'll screw it up...Like they did with the Mk VIII and the LS...

I'm sorry, what's wrong with the LS? And yes, they are screwing the pooch on this one. Unless they give this thing closer to 260hp then it won't be able to compete with anthing. It makes me so mad because it's sucha great design, but they can't muster the balls to put a real engine in it.

Oh, nothing is wrong with the LS. FLM just didn't market it.

But with the Zephyr they are trying to keep it cheap. That's why it's getting an off the shelf 3.0 duratec.

The DEW 98 was just waaaayyy too expensive to make and therefore required a hefty pricetag in order to keep the books in the black.

My understanding and from what I have read is the Zephyr is not replacing the LS. The Zephyr is an entry level model, the first for Lincoln, that is supposed to compliment the LS. This is the reason for the LS model lineup revamp that took place for 2006. They dropped the V6 model which I have read was not a big seller and probabley to expensive to built on the existing platform. The LS is in its last leg in its current form and the model name may be dropped when a new sedan appears in 2008 on a new platform. I have read that it may be an existing Volvo FWD platform with a sportier version of this platform offered in AWD. I feel that dropping the LS name is a mistake for Lincoln because the LS when recognized by consumers has a reputation of being an underated drivers car. The car just was not markets by Lincoln properly. So how is the consumer suppose to know about it. The Aviator took the same fate. Many consumers once they drove an Aviator liked the vehicle very much. Lincoln has a problem with overpricing their vehicles as well. Two new Lincoln sedans are in the works and hopefully one of them is the all "new" LS with the other being the new Town Car. Also for 2007 an all new car based SUV with the Aviator name will appear. Let's keep our fingers crossed and lets hope that Lincoln pays attention to its customer base and I mean all its customer base and not just the Town Car age group. There are numerous buyers that what a drivers oriented luxury car and what to keep buying an American car. Unforunately American car companies are unwilling to cater to the American buyers. They are the once forcing us to buy imports. If the LS is gone and only time will tell, I already have my eye on BMW, Audi, or Acura. If I do buy one it will be because the American car companies forced me too.

it will be a shame if they drop the ls name. if you do decide to go foreign instead of staying american and changing brands(cts), i suggest the 540, my friend and i test drove one and that car was fast, almost as quick as the ls. lincoln ought to give svt a chance to do an ls.

daves2000ls said:
it will be a shame if they drop the ls name. if you do decide to go foreign instead of staying american and changing brands(cts), i suggest the 540, my friend and i test drove one and that car was fast, almost as quick as the ls. lincoln ought to give svt a chance to do an ls.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "LS" name go or modified in some way. To me and many others, "LS" is a trim level, not a model name. Its confusing because other cars in the L-M lineup use "LS" as a trim level, e.g., Sable LS or Grand Marquis LS.

Originally, I think Ford wanted to use LS8 and LS6 but there was some trademark issue with another brand (Lexus I think). Now the complete name is "Lincoln LS".

daves2000ls said:

Basicallly, like the STS-V and CTS-V series in Cadillac?

the stsv has a damn good powerplant, but its too big, the cts is almost too big, i would rather see the s/c 4.4L in the cts over the 6.0L, more power and lighter

Give me a 300C SRT8 anyday. Cheaper, faster, bigger, and better looking in my opinion.

MAllen82 said:
Give me a 300C SRT8 anyday. Cheaper, faster, bigger, and better looking in my opinion.

cheaper? It costs between $36-39K, which is more than the Zephyr. As for better looking, could they use any more plastic in the 300C?

It's an ok run for a first year lincoln small car, but next year's rendition will be better.

to give me, a staunch lincoln supporter, one of every car in their line up.

oh realisticly? probbaly become fords buick.

:I

From what I understand ford want's their luxury division to be Jaguar. Notice the new X-type entry level Jag...

For 2007 there will be the All-new Navi, All-new Aviator cross-over with the 3.5 V6, Zephyr will get the 3.5 V6 and all-wheel drive, Mark LT will get navigation and 20's, LS is supposed to be replaced by SOMETHING, as is the Town Car. These are just some of the info I have picked up from Ford reps and other info-we'll see what actually happens.

Nakoa said:
oh realisticly? probbaly become fords buick.

I really hope that's not where they're going. lincoln >> Buick, but comparable to Caddy, well, not quite comparable in its current state, but getting there.

Also, why does everyone complain about the Zephyr being FWD/AWD?

The Caddies are FWD/AWD, and they seem to have taken the serious-driver market fine.

captainalias said:
Also, why does everyone complain about the Zephyr being FWD/AWD?

The Caddies are FWD/AWD, and they seem to have taken the serious-driver market fine.

Which Caddy?

does anyone know if the MKS will see production? now that looks like a great LS replacement. definitely more luxurious and with the right engine, it could really plant Lincoln's name in the performance market for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back