What is the Removeable grill panel on 01 LS8 for?

kedaigle

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 01 LS8 has a removeable panel on the far right side of the lower grill-- immediately to the left of the passenger side fog light. Is this for something found on other model ls's?

The removable panel is supposed to hide a mount for a tow hook. They're quite common on European cars; this is a vestige of the stillborn European sales program for the LS (along with the 5-speed manual tranny and the available Euro shocks).

In case it's not obvious, a tow hook is a hook (or eye bolt, in the case of BMW) for a tow truck to hook when it's loading the car onto a truck, pulling it out of a ditch, or doing something similar, to keep the tow cable from damaging the bodywork.

Thanks for responding

that's the type of informative answer I was looking for. I appreciate the quick response.

My Acura has the same thing. The hook is stored in the spare tire kit in the trunk.

If had 2 grilles of those because i went to a mall and i parked aside of another LS and when i got home the grille wasnt there

i have 2000 ls v8 sport pack and it has that same thing i always wonderd

Haha thats funny because one day I was driving down a country road around here and nailed a racoon on the right hand side of the car. Once I got home I checked for body damage and that little peice of the grille was hanging there by whatever cable its connected to. Until now I had absolutely no idea what it was for, I thought the previous owner did some kind of cooky mod.

Members online

Back