What is the rarest Muscle Car ever made?

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Now...I am not talking dealer modified cars (like the Yenko, Baldwin-Motion, etc, OR purpose built race cars......if you get my drift). These would be Muscle Cars that you could conceivably get at ANY car dealership anywhere they sold.

Anyone?

Oh...and how many were ever made?

Hmmm - first guess might be the road runner --but thats strictly a guess - Im sure there were attempts at muscle models that never became popular-

1wykdmk8 said:
Now...I am not talking dealer modified cars (like the Yenko, Baldwin-Motion, etc, OR purpose built race cars......if you get my drift). These would be Muscle Cars that you could conceivably get at ANY car dealership anywhere they sold.

Anyone?

Oh...and how many were ever made?

Joeychgo said:
Hmmm - first guess might be the road runner --but thats strictly a guess - Im sure there were attempts at muscle models that never became popular-

Nope.....the car that is the rarest is actually tied for first place with the same amount of cars ever made.

The Road Runner (Convertible, 1970 w/426 Hemi) is actually tied for third place (another 2 way tie a matter of fact).

GTO?

Satellite Sebring?

1wykdmk8 said:
Nope.....the car that is the rarest is actually tied for first place with the same amount of cars ever made.

The Road Runner (Convertible, 1970 w/426 Hemi) is actually tied for third place (another 2 way tie a matter of fact).

1966 Ford Cobra
1966fordcobrareplicarblue.jpg

Well, over here the rarest musle car built was the Ford XA GTHO Phase 4. Only 4 were ever built (with a rumoured coupe being the 5th but never verified). Only 3 remain now as one was destroyed. 3 were red and built to race, 1 was originally green and for the road.

They are rare and basically priceless now.

Joeychgo said:
I think Geno had one of those at one time.

I know he did something, but not the Rarest Muscle Car ever built....at least I do not think he did... ???

Casper said:
Well, over here the rarest musle car built was the Ford XA GTHO Phase 4. Only 4 were ever built (with a rumoured coupe being the 5th but never verified). Only 3 remain now as one was destroyed. 3 were red and built to race, 1 was originally green and for the road.

Well...at least we see that someone knows a lil about his countries Rarest Muscle Car history.....LOL

But the 2 cars I am refering to for us Americans.....are even more rare....only 2 made of each of the 2 tied for first place....so only a total of 4 (2 for each year).

70 Dodge Coronet 4-speed Hemi 1971 Plymouth GT - RARE - -only 375 built in 1971.

Like this one? http://www.upfromaustralia.com/aut143scalfa.html
Casper said:

GTHO-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
exile said:
Like this one?

GTHO-4.jpg

Nope, that looks like a computer mock up of a Phase 3, hard to tell without the proper details.
edit: yep, XY GTHO Phase 3...different tail lights to the XW GTHO Phase 1 & 2

Phase 4 is significantly rarer...and considering the Phase 3 will go for around $150,000 if anyone wants to actually sell one you can imagine the price tag. I'll try to find a pic of one for you.

This is a link to read all about the Phase4. And if you consider only road registered production models then officially it only ever had 1 built!
http://www.bowdensown.com.au/cars/phase4.html

Joeychgo said:
70 Dodge Coronet 4-speed Hemi 1971 Plymouth GT - RARE - -only 375 built in 1971.

You were OHHHH SO close with the first one.......OH so close.......the first one you mentioned is partially correct for the one that tied the rarest....but not totally correct for the tie either.

website? what website? your getting the benifit of my years of knowlege and experience.....

Joeychgo said:
website? what website? your getting the benifit of my years of knowlege and experience.....

LOL....is that why your first couple of guesses were..........WRONG! :D :N

Hey Craig. I noticed in your avatar that you either lost cylinders on both sides at the exact same time or you floored it off the line and spun the tires.

MonsterMark said:
Hey Craig. I noticed in your avatar that you either lost cylinders on both sides at the exact same time or you floored it off the line and spun the tires.

Moster, if you've ever seen front engine nostalgia dragsters on Nitro, at dusk, thats exactly what they look like. Notice that all the pipes light up at the exact same time the butterflies on the buzzard-catcher open up. Its a pretty nice avatar.

If you ever get a chance(this goes for all of you) to see a "sligshot" in person, at dusk/night...do it...you'll never forget it.

Nitro burning front engine hemi powered top-fuel dragtsers running 5.90 quarter mile times, in a chassis that was build 40-50 years ago...un-frickin-real.

Ya I know. Iwas just razin ya. Wasn't a new world record in the 1/4 just set last weekend? Something like 330 mph.

Members online

No members online now.
Back