what is it

Markviiiedrea

Speed Bump
Reaction score
i have done every thing to my car to stop the shutering from the front end what else could it be i have done
new tires
wheel balance
uper control arms
sway bar links
iner tie rods
outer tie rods
and had it all aligned it usually dose it after 70 mph, and its from the front. plus the drive shaft was turned and ballanced. aaaaahhhhhhhhh!
plez help :feedback

Rotors, bushings or something is loose.....does it get worse when you hit the brakes? :Beer

Torque Converter, are you crusiing at 70? Could it be more of a Tranny Shudder?

hottweelz said:
Torque Converter, are you crusiing at 70? Could it be more of a Tranny Shudder?
well im getting a whole new tranny and a stall so we will soon see if its that , as far as the roters yha there warped, but i dont think that would do it cuz it did it befor they were warped

Check the steering rack mounts, and also make sure the engine mounts arent shot...a vibrating engine can/will cause a shimmy in the wheel as well, as it tends to vibrate the whole K-member....and the steering shaft passes through the left(driver's) side exhaust manifold.

if the seat/floor shimmies... its usually driveline or rear of car
if the steering wheel shakes, it is usually the front.

i got the tranny rebuilt and the new converter on it , and it still shacks at hight speed? the only thing that i could think of is the air ride cant keep up with the suden changes in the road condition, is that posb?

-Eric

Markviiiedrea said:
i got the tranny rebuilt and the new converter on it , and it still shacks at hight speed? the only thing that i could think of is the air ride cant keep up with the suden changes in the road condition, is that posb?

-Eric

Wow dude... I'll think about this one

Kick it...hard enough to fix the problem....but not enough to break somthing pritty :)

Well I have sworn at it enough, may be that's why its not working properly, but I do need new rotors I will try that, where can I get cheap slotted ones?

I have the exact same problem, put new steering rack, 3 or 4 control arms, tie rod ends, tires, too many wheel balances to count, still shakes at 70-80, goes away after that.
Please let me know if you fix yours and what the problem was!

cadillackman said:
you'd be amazed at new rotors will do for you.

Agreed. For the Lincoln Mark VIII the brake rotors are very inexpensive. I dont even bother turning them, I buy new brake rotors when I replace the pads. Never any worries that way.

I put all new rotors on the car and I'm going to have new tires put on in a few days, it looks like the rotors where the main problem of the vibration.

its definatly the johnson rod, lol. inside joke

Members online

No members online now.
Back