What intake should I get?

lsondubz

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What intake do you guys recommend for my 00 LS V8? I am debating on just getting the filter and adapter piece vs. the whole intake system...what are the benefits, is there that nuch of a noticeable difference for like $3xx.00 difference, I am also probable getting a custom catback made at a local shop so I should get a few ponies outta that...leave me some feedback guys!

I suggest getting the CAI that lskoncepts is offering. It's top-notch. I believe the tube really makes a difference in UMPH vs. just the adapter and filter. I started with that set-up and then got the full CAI package. Arguably, the CAI delivers more noticable HP than the Cat-back and SCT flasher... at least that's what I've noted in my case. Just curious as to why you'd do a custom cat-back, rather than Magnaflow or Borla? (The Borla is an absolute perfect fit, if you can get a deal on one. Otherwise, it's a couple hundred more than Magnaflow.) It sounds GREAT too!

Well as far as exhaust goes I can get a custom catback system for about 200-250 installed vs the price of aftermarket exhaust, Im looking for something pretty quiet unless your really fooring it I want it to have a little throat to it. For intake, I am just debating on spending all that money for an intake system unless its really, really worth it, what does the flasher do? I modified my stock air box screwing around last night and that made a HUGE difference to me...I dont want to really mod the engine because I want to keep it reliable and decent gas mileage

You can do a forum search on SCT or PCM flash and I'm sure there's a ton of info. Sounds like a mod you won't wish to make now anyway. Typically, the CAI and Cat-Back are done first by most wishing to improve performance. As for the custom exhaust. I'd be very specific about it's construction, components and configuration. Not sure how it can cost two-thirds less than aftermarket systems. (Surely, it's not all in vendor margin.)

Well after reading that 5-page post on intake systems, I am thinking the best mods for me now are just a new filter/adapter with some kind of heat shield and maybe intake duct, then a new X-pipe and mufflers....

Well when I read that big ol thread it seems like the intake pipe is for looks,sound

lsondubz said:
Well when I read that big ol thread it seems like the intake pipe is for looks,sound

Hmmm... It was my understanding that the larger tube accomodated a greater volume of air flow, thereby increasing overall performance. I'm sure some other members can confirm or deny.

lsondubz said:
Not necessarily. The stock intake tube has sound baffles that will rob air flow just to make the car quieter when at WOT. The intake tubes are less restrictive and allow the air to flow better to the throttle body. This is why Lincoln redesigned the 2003 and LS and put the throttle body on the front of the engine to eliminate less air restriction. The intake tube I have will help in achieving a better air flow and will compliment the KKM induction kit. And also, it looks cool too!

So your saying for the $380...that tube will make that big of a difference? I just cant see spending that much if I am not going to notice a Big difference over just a filter....and just reading the site I kind of think I would agree with this:

Q: Why do the True-Rev Sport Induction kits not include an intake pipe?
A: We evaluate overall CFM intake flow on all models and concentrate on replacing only the restrictive items found in the induction system. All models that have been offered in the Sport Induction form have little to no restriction in the stock intake pipe and will usually yield twice the CFM flow of the stock throttle body and should not need replacing for true performance gains.

Members online

No members online now.
Back