WHAT happened to my rear view mirror?? HELP!!

elchory1201

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions?

DSC01437.jpg

that an auto dim right
that stuff just happens some times
nothing you can realy do to it other then replace it from what i know

yep, happened to mine bout 4 months ago. the oil in it that cause it to dim leaks out of it and no longer works. your best bet would be to find one on ebay

Bill Jenkins, Team Ford, 702-395-5173. IIRC, I paid ~$150 delivered. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! The compass mirror will NOT fit if your mirror isn't already a compass mirror!

yeah but you can get them on ebay every month someone has one for like 20 dollars man

SilverLS said:
Can this be added to any LS (all I need to do is give it power correct?)

I beleive so - the compass part is all internal to the mirror - so other than power..... but Jeff mentioned above that they are not interchangable - is it different windshield mounting?

Quik LS said:
I beleive so - the compass part is all internal to the mirror - so other than power..... but Jeff mentioned above that they are not interchangable - is it different windshield mounting?
OHHH So I would have to get the mounting from a LS with this mirror ? HMMM Got a Part # by any chance ?

Mine went right before I left for college. I just said f it, and I'm not replacing it. I've gotten used to it. If I had the money, I would change it.

do you relize how many parts you can find on ebay man
not shure if it will work but right now there is a auto dimming with compas on it from a continental on ebay for 15 dollars man

The problem with the ebay ones is they are used and their longevity is unknown. The problem with not replacing it is the chemical inside can leak out and leave a permanent mess on the dash.

well if your looking for a new one
isnt yours alredy messed up and taking the chance of leaking on the dash lol that would be my guess

I just checked my receipt. I paid ~$88 shipped for the non-compass mirror from Bill (702-395-5173).

Members online

No members online now.
Back