What exactly does the warranty cover

AndrewCoja

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Since apparantly the warranty for my LS (04) runs out this year, I was wondering what I could get fixed for free before it is too late.

Basically, the plastic moulding or whatever you would call it along the bottom edge of the drivers door (between the carpet and running board that has the "LINCOLN" on it) pops off a lot (one of the tabs is all bent). And the moulding at the front part of that is cracked as well. Would it be possible to get this fixed for free (or cheaply)? One day I wish I could be able to redo my entire interior in black, but for now I just have to accept the camel for what it is.

Read the Warranty Guide that came with your car. Many people ask this question shortly before their warranty expires. Unless something is really broken, don't expect to get it fixed under warranty.

BTW, AndrewCoja, since you never responded to my PMs on the coin holder you wanted, I sold it to someone else.

They covered all that stupid stuff for me, little noises in the door and stuff.

it will be covered unless it looks like if someone pulled or broke it, wear and tear is one thing but braking they will question it.

It's a bumper to bumper warranty for the first 4 years / 50,000 miles, so anything not accident related should be covered. It's 4 years from the sale date, not the build date.

Members online

No members online now.
Back