what else can I do?

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Xcal2. search it.

But after I take it to get it tuned by a performance shop, would'nt that make the xcal2 pointless? The shop I speak of, they do stuff to lambo's, Porsche, mustangs, etc.

I talked to the guy already. He said after the exhaust and intake are all installed, bring it in and he would tune it for me and pull another 15-20HP from the tune. It's a very well known shop from around town, they have a good rep.

xcal 2 (it gives you the opportunity to change the tune to fit the conditions you are driving in, i.e. street vs. track).

exhaust (always a great place to start for hp increases).

intake ( you've done this).

super quality plugs and wiring (you would be surprised how much loss can be seen in this area).

coolers (oil coolers, tranny coolers, cool air for your intake...big list here).

gear changes (small dollars convert into big hp).

big brake kits (you have the benefit of great looks and super stopping power).

steel brake lines (longer lasting and lloks great).

fuel lines (same as brake lines).

fuel pump (better quality).

Tires and wheels (looks, but performance, too).

body add-ons (looks, baby).

Chrome, or paint (your choice).

super charge it! ('nuf said!).

interior (white dials, change the dash look, add gages, sound, better quality floor mats, etc.).

Tint (whatever the law allows).

lights (more power...).

This list could go on and on...

OK, for those in the know, does someone make an electrical ground upgrade kit? I've done one on my SVT Focus but don't really know the LS well enough yet to know sources.

Any guesses on the average BHP increase from a good Intake kit (like a K&N) and a good exhaust (like a Borla). Can 20-30 be hoped for or is that unrealistic?

paulownian said:
xcal 2 (it gives you the opportunity to change the tune to fit the conditions you are driving in, i.e. street vs. track).

super quality plugs and wiring (you would be surprised how much loss can be seen in this area).
fuel pump (better quality).

This list could go on and on...

I'm interested in what people are using as alternative plugs and wiring to the OEM.
If anyone can chime in on products and prices, I'm very interested in this.

In addition, what fuel pump changes could be done?

plugs really do not make that much of a difference....

wiring is OEM - remember we are running Coil-On-Plugs (COPs) so there are no spark plug wires..... JES_LS is working with Granatelli Motor Sports (http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/) to see if they will create some hi-pro coils for us.

I just swapped my fuel pump - that are not many options thatfit directly into the pump mount housing - an alternative I will use (if needed) is the Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump (BAP) where it overdrive the pump - http://www.kennebell.net/accessories/boostapump/boostapump.htm that they use in many of there SC kits.

Members online

No members online now.
Back