What do you think of these wheels?

238LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been looking at a lot of wheels for my LS since I got it. As I'm sure you know its tough to find nice looking wheels for these cars. I really like these in a chrome 18x8 but I dont think are offer in our size: http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_vortex.php

I did find some American Racing ones that I really like that I can verify the fitment of. Looking at these ones in Chrome 18x8 with 40mm offset.

http://whippetwheels.com/view-wheel/american-racing-perform/maverick/wheel-color-chrome

Just wondering how you guys think these american racing ones would look and if you know of anywhere I could find out if those TSW's fit? By the way, these are going a ceramic white 03 Sport V8 (and I am going to run 245/45/18 tires)

I personally like the A/R's over the 1st set. And those A/R Mavericks are sold new on e-bay everyday on the cheap for 4 too.

For the TSWs, you would need to find somewhere you can get the bolt pattern of the LS..

+1

I spoke with TSW directly last year and they don't drill any rims with the 5x108 pattern. None, regardless of what any wholesaler tells you or says on there website. I had one website tell me they would "re-drill". Hogwash and Bullsh&t. TSW makes great wheel sets, but not for the LS unfortunately.

Some will sell "blanks" and they will custom drill for your bolt pattern.. But, unfortunately, I don't think TSW sells blanks..

I like the TSW's in the Hyper Silver. You could get an adapter, but then you'd have to consider that when choosing an offset.

AR's look pretty slick.

Sounds Like I will be going with the AR wheels. I do really like the TSW's buy at around 350 a wheel, then having to have them modified to fit they are out of my budget. I can get the wheels locally for 988 for the set, but I'm going to shop around online to see what the best deal is for them. I would like to be able to get them with the tires mounted already if I get them online.

I was looking at the American Racing 883 (Maverick) too... if they made them in 19" I think I might have gotten them.

I"d like to see somebody PS them on an LS just to see what they look like

Make sure you check E-Bay on those Mavericks because I see them everyday when I check on wheels and they are decently priced for 4 new and some have tires mounted on them as a package deal.

Havent found any with tires mounted yet but I will keep my eyes open. I did find just the wheels on ebay though, pretty good pricing.

Those are some sexy 5 spokes.

I have those photoshopped on my car. I will post up a picture later.
I had planned on buying those, but i have something else that i like much better and they have a fitment where i might be able to fit 10" in the back.

I'm going to be running 9.5 in the backs

That would be perfect. Anything bigger might be a bit much for the LS.

The guy was actually telling me, he could possibly fit 10.5s in the back, which would be overkill.

Here is a pic of TSWs on my car.

5554073111_77ea8ae087_z.png

Members online

Back