what do you guys think?

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought this indash receiver what do u guys think? do any of you already have it? if so can i see some installed pics? i was thinking of getting that dash wood kit from ken and saving the stereo piece and placing it along the edges after the receiver is installed so it looks oem or so i think or hope it will ( crossing my fingers)

heres the link to one like mine i paid $700 i think i got a good deal?
KENWOOD DDX7015

itsnotmydaddys said:
i love that one ive been wanting to get one soo bad. but am focusing on other projects for now

Very sweet HU I wish I would of purchased a double din with a monitor on it but I couldn't find any at the time so I got a pioneer single din with an oel plasma screen it's still sweet but I just don't like the way it takes up the space.

That’s a good deal. I wonder how old it is? I’ve had mine for a little over a year (with no problems), so it can,t be much older than that. I think this unit has been out for a about 1.5 to 2 years. Here a some pics of mine.

stereo.jpg

P6091275.jpg

"olly00" yours looks sweet hope mine comes out as good as yours... how did they modify it? do u need a special harness or something or did you cut your old stereo? also do did you modify it so u can watch dvds while driving... i would really appreciate any input... actually alot of it! lol if you paid for it as well how much was it? for the install i mean

I have a good friend that does a lot of stereo install. I helped but he knew how to do everything. There is nothing factory used in this install. I had all new monster cable ran through out the car with Diamond Audio 6.5 M series speakers in all doors and a JL 12W3V2 in the trunk all ran by a JL 500/5. The DVD was hooked up to view while driving. The screen is so amazing you'll drive off the road if you try to watch and drive - not recommended.

i meant regarding the oem stereo face plate as in the the one the heckler has urs and his are very similar almost identical.. that is what i meant... because on each side of the monitor it looks like factory oem plastic so i was wondering if that was cut

The face plate was pulled from my dead factory HU and the opening for the double DIN was routed out. PITA, Very difficult to do. How ever many factory face plates you have is how many tries you get to get it right. TAKE YOUR TIME.

You could try to use the face off of you factory HU but that would ruin it if it works. Maybe you could check a junk yard.

I just ordered the Pioneer AVIC D1. I will be following in you guys footsteps and installing a double din. Hopefully it comes out alright.

shuman said:
I just ordered the Pioneer AVIC D1. I will be following in you guys footsteps and installing a double din. Hopefully it comes out alright.

You are going to LOVE that unit. Buy the XM service too. And with the NAV self contained, it is a very slick and clean unit.

2001LS8Sport said:
You are going to LOVE that unit. Buy the XM service too. And with the NAV self contained, it is a very slick and clean unit.

Everyone was telling me to get the N2, but I am not a big fan of pop out dins. I wanted the factory look so I ordered the D1.

shuman said:

i wana get that same unit for my
car 95 continetal
how mouch is it brand new i know i could do a searcha nd find out
just kinda lazy i guess LOL
im probly not gona have the cash for it till next summer but i still wana get that for my car i think its gona be sweet for the Navi unit man

Members online

Back