what do these codes mean and how can i fix them

AdamCM

LVC Member
Reaction score
I took my car too autozone they gave me these two codes that they didn't know what they meant, C1288 and C1289 whqt do they mean and how can i fix them because i have to take my car to emissions this month... Thanks in advance

It might be the battery because i left it for a while had to replace the front wheel bearings and the disk and brakes i left it alone for about 3-4 months

It might be the battery because i left it for a while had to replace the front wheel bearings and the disk and brakes i left it alone for about 3-4 months

Take the car back to the autostore, they will test your battery for free.

Sorry, it's not going to be the battery. (Your battery may be bad, but that didn't trigger these codes.)
What all have you done to the brakes?
Those codes are for the brake hydraulic pressure sensor circuit.
Depending on what you have done, it could be a bad sensor, bad wiring, and/or the need to run the calibration procedure.

Took it to autozone they said the battery was fine and they checked the check engine light again but this time it was another code that popped up the other two didn't come up, the code was P1633

I just replace the brakes and the rotors and the two front wheel bearings but the wheal bearings i bought cheap from pennypincher

Took it to autozone they said the battery was fine and they checked the check engine light again but this time it was another code that popped up the other two didn't come up, the code was P1633

P1633-Keep Alive Power Voltage Too Low

What can cause that cose to come on and how can i get it off

Messing with the battery cables.

You may be okay, all the codes may clear up now that you are done with it. Maybe you triggered them while working on it?

Maybe hopefully they clear up soon i got too take the car in for emission sometime this month

Maybe hopefully they clear up soon i got too take the car in for emission sometime this month

all you can do is clear codes and wait for them to return. you cant rely on any old stored codes because you said you mightve triggered them while working. i just went through not driving my car for 2 months because i was clearing and testing and clearing and testing and clearing and...

Ok heres an update my starter went out maybe this caused the check enging light to come on with the P1633

Members online

No members online now.
Back