What could it be?????

JoeyGood

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so today coming home from work early (rarely happens) no traffic so i decide to open her up a little ad get home faster (yea right just an excuse to open her up) nice and smooth at about 85 MPH. (shhhhh don't tell the cops)

So this guy comes in to the HWY off the ramp and decides to cut through 3 lanes. No biggy I see him in plenty of time to brake and slow down. Well surprise surprise surprise I GET VIBRATION ALL OVER THE FRONT END. I'm like WTF so I decide to try it again and hit the brakes again and guess what yep that right VIBRATION so I’m like HMMM. get off at my exit and get back on going back the way I came since it is a straight line and notice if I brake slow and soft I don't get vibration but if I brake hard I do. Now I’m thinking maybe the front rotors are warped? Any one have any idea other than what I think it is?

I just need to know what else I should look for because I just ordered Rotors from RI CONCEPTS Friday and waiting for them to come in so while I’m doing that might as well check for anything else.

I think its broke.... :D

Sounds like rotors to me - but could be other things too - but you check rotors and pads first thing.....

Joeychgo said:
I think its broke.... :D

Sounds like rotors to me - but could be other things too - but you check rotors and pads first thing.....

HAHAHAHA nice now it's boke :D

thought the same (rotors) but since we have some well seasoned people here thought might ask just to make sure i wasn't wrong but i will check soon. it's not too bad at lower speeds. but i notice it more now that i know it's there :D like an itch you can't scratch :D

OK so this past weekend i put in my new rotors all round the car.

R1CONCEPTS Drilled and slotted :D

WOW! big difference

Should have done this a long time ago, I can't believe the difference in the ride. I'll post some pics when i take some this coming weekend

thats pritty odd that it came on all the sudden like that. If it were a progressively worsening thing to the point that you wake up one day and say, mhm it shouldnt feel like this, i would say rotors, but since it was an instantanious thing, my guess would be...ball joint?

MrWilson said:
thats pritty odd that it came on all the sudden like that. If it were a progressively worsening thing to the point that you wake up one day and say, mhm it shouldnt feel like this, i would say rotors, but since it was an instantanious thing, my guess would be...ball joint?

Well since never really slam on the brakes to see it sooner i guess it might have been there just didn't notice it till i decided to play a little, It's was a while since i let her go over 70 before that day. only because of the fact i take an Express bus in to work durring the weekdays and only use the car on the weekends cuz parking in the city is just as worse as gas nowadays unless i go to the remote sites outside the city limits (White Plains and/or Nuttly)

Members online

Back