What are the Continentals worth Now

wow, 32,000, no they are not worth that much even with that kind of mileage. I would guess that continentals worth from 14-18 thousand for a 2002.

To answer your question...NO...

I've attached a valuation...

Continental Valuation.jpg

They're selling for a lot less than book right now. A very nice 2002 with 48K, sunroof, full controls on the steering wheel, CD changer, etc. just sold for a little over $9K last week. They are a true bargain for what kind of a car it is, but many people don't want discontinued models, air suspension problems, or FWD.

My Black 98 which I loved and put over 30,000K on it, I bought it for $2600.
Beautiful clean car and it had 118K when I bought it. I sold it with 148K and got $2300 back, not bad for squeeziing it's juice in one year.

My new 2001 Black, I paid $3600. Mint Car and clean. It has 94K on the clock.

Before these cars, a candy apple red 98 I had, I bought for $2800, clean car, sold it for $3600.

The reason why these car go at these prices is the somewhat bad reputation they received from the 1988 to 1996 year model.

I've seen at the auction 95 and 96 contis going as low as 300 to even 800, becuse everybody knows the terrible air suspension problems. Everyone thinks that all contis are like that, but it's few people know that the issue was overhauled in 1997.

I go to dealer only auto aucition, thats why I see these prices.

A tipical 2002 continental with 75K on it can still do $5500 to over $7000.
Depends on the condition, miles, year, color, history, & codition of sale. It also depends, who just want to pay more.

Iv'e seen beautiful 98's with 62K and sold for $2400 while other 98 with over 80K sell for $3000.

It also depends what region of the country you live, in the south these cars have horrible resell value, because it's FWD. Most people down there like RWD. Up hear in the northeast where I am, people like 4WD and FWD cars, so these cars are still a big intrest up here.

my mom had a 95, bought it almost three years ago for $3000. insurance totaled it for $5,800 worth of hail damage and gave her $3000 for it. it was bought with around 90k and had around 200k when they totaled it. now she has a 97 that she only had to pay $1000 out of her own pocket for.

Thats about right. When I lived in Florida, my dad bought a 95 Town Car for $3000. It was totaled after and the insurance said it was about 6400 in Damage. Got about $3200 back.

It's amazing though just how cheap these cars are and how good they are ( Conti's & TC's ).

I bought one in MI 2 months ago. It was 13,300 out the door with new rotors and brakes, new set of michilen pilot sports. 2002 with 53,000 on it. It's ivory parchment metalic, with everything but the 2 tone seats, wood wheel, tire gauge and built in phone. Clear car fax report, Absolutley love this car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back