What are the best mods for the money?

95LSC32V said:
i'm just warning other rational people on this forum

Well, its comments like this that people find insulting and get my PM box full of complaints about you...

Maybe choose your words a little more carefully so as not to come off in such a manner that pisses people off.

Lets all cool off and think about what we say before we say it.

-------- :admin

That said - your both correct. The more power adding you do, be it Supercharger or NOS -- the more strain you put on the engine, and our engines are not reallly built for the power. They dont have forged cranks like the mustang cobra for example (actually some do but you wont know if it does til you tear your engine down) other components are not as strong.

HOWEVER - I have known many a Mark VIII owner to put power adders on their car and run just fine long term. Driller is one, Squirrell is another. I believe Squirrell got down in the 12s with NOS only - and has his Mark VIII running to this day.

MY best advice, is if your going to put a power adder on your car be SURE to get it tuned properly as part of the modification. But be aware, you might blow your engine and at least will shorten its life. If you want to do it right, do an engine build up first. See a company like DSS Racing or Livernois - the short block runs around $4000 for the build up.

For example, DSS RACING offers:

SEND US YOUR COBRA SHORTBLOCK AND WE WILL CONVERT IT INTO A D.S.S. SUPERMOD SHORT BLOCK Includes Level 10 Race Prepping of your block PRO-X Forged pistons,1.5 1.5 3mm SS50 U Molly rings with Tri Metal bearings, 4340 Forged H-beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts, Forged steel 8 bolt crankshaft. Rotating assembly is balanced to Racing tolerances. Bearing clearances are set and the short block is Professionally assembled in our climate controlled clean room. Includes FREE upgrade to ARP main studs and D.S.S. Main support System., We arrange the pick up of your bare short block. Call for details (NOTE): your engine must be torn down to a bare short block before shipping.

Something like that is the safest way to start adding lots of power via NOS, Supercharger or turbos.

MrWilson said:
There are rods on a DOHC car? thats news to me.

your kidding right? i hope so..

kinda hard to make the pistons go up and down w/o them..

please tell me you were temporarily confused and were thinking pushrods.. ;)

Grifter said:
your kidding right? i hope so..

kinda hard to make the pistons go up and down w/o them..

please tell me you were temporarily confused and were thinking pushrods.. ;)

actually yeah, i was talking bout pushrods, lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back