What a Forum ! What a Car !

Lincoln LS

1. s-type guy

s-type guy LVC Member

Ahoy !
    Firstly: Sincere thank you to everyone on this forum for their generosity of spirit and willingness to assist.
    I have a Jaguar S-type; and, I joined in the list seeking information on the parts and systems in common with the LS. The welcome mat was unrolled for me and, advice and counsel flooded in. Not a disparaging word. Thank you, all.
    Secondly: I've been reading numerous posts in the site and have become informed of how remarable a car the LS is. Wow! I never imagined that Lincoln had authentically placed its elegant, best-in-class soul into the sport thoroghbred blood line. In honesty, I am going to start looking for an LS to purchase.
    Best Regards.

• Like Like x 6
    • Blk04LS

Blk04LS Well-Known LVC Member

Welcome!

I'd be interested to know, as a Jag S-Type owner, what your thoughts are on the differences between the cars... opinion, preference, general observations, etc... it's all open to comment here :cool:

• s-type guy

s-type guy LVC Member

Hello.
      Please accept my apology for the delayed reply (Combination of work getting crazy and the Thanksgiving holiday.)

I regret to say that I cannot provide any opinions because I am not familiar with either the S-type and the LS. This is my first S-Type and a recent purchase. I'm still reading-up and doing my homework. I've never owned an LS. This site is my first exposure to the car and discussion and information about it.

With respect to any parts commonality: since I am just getting into the S-type, I don't have enough experience to comment upon S-type vs. LS vs T-Bird prices and quality.
      Wish I could have been helpful.

Best Regards,
      Richard Cielec
      Greater Chicago Metro

• Bazil

Bazil LVC Member

Interesting thread here! I've got an S-Type and an LS, both sitting right next to each other in the garage. Both are 2000s. The S-Type is the 4.0 with the sports package and the LS is the base V-6. They're remarkably similar and different at the same time! The S-Type is obviously quicker than the LS, but from what I've observed, the S-Type feels like a heavier, more solid car. The LS feels a little more nimble to me at least. The LS, with just over 70k miles on it is absolutely silent. The S-Type at just over 100k miles has more rattles and squeaks than any car I've been in! The S-Type has a few more gadgets than the S-Type, but at nearly 19 years old, the gps is quite antiquated. The 4.0 is a marvelous engine, I've had no issues with timing chains, etc. The 3.0 in the LS is a decent engine with adequate power for daily driving. I think, from a styling standpoint at least, that both cars are quite unique. While Jaguar pulled from decades old styling cues, Lincoln took a clean slate approach. I appreciate both cars for what they are. And no one believes me when I tell them the cars are from 2000. Both designs have certainly aged well, and I have no intentions getting rid of mine anytime soon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1