What’s the difference between these HID conversion kits? Besides the price I mean…

Lucky_Ls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack, but does anyone sell a set of six HID bulbs that all go together? (low-beam, high-beam, foglights)

To do all 6 you would need 3 kits. Those kits look very similar to the ones available on eBay. They are made in Japan so the ad says. I have seen expensive kits fail and cheap kits last long. I just don't see how the $400 kits are any different then some of the sub $100 kits on eBay. They all contain a Ballast and a bulb. For HID kits to work properly, they need to be installed in projector housings, not the stock housings.

Will they look good? Yep
Will they be brighter than stock halogens? Yep
Will they work as good as factory halogens in projector housings? Nope
Are they better than other, less expensive kits out there? Not sure, but the parts all look the same.

For HID kits to work properly, they need to be installed in projector housings, not the stock housings.

Will they look good? Yep
Will they be brighter than stock halogens? Yep
Will they work as good as factory halogens in projector housings? Nope
Are they better than other, less expensive kits out there? Not sure, but the parts all look the same.

Where can I get these "projector housings" for the LS?:confused:

only retrofit, and seeing as you do not seem to have some knowledge on the subject it might be a daunting task. no disrespect intended

For HID kits to work properly, they need to be installed in projector housings, not the stock housings.

Not entirely true.... The LS was available with factory HID lights that were not in projector housings. Not all HID lights use projector housings. I can personally attest that the stock HID's use a different reflector pattern than the halogen lights do, in the LS. Recently a couple of us met in Central Arkansas and I was able to compare, side by side, my 04 LS to an 04 LSE with factory HID lights (thanks George). I have some pictures of the different pattern in the reflector. I'll post them later.

Last edited:
You are correct and I misspoke about the housings, but that is the correct info about the reflector. I was just getting that confused with the projector.

Hey...it was late when I made that post...

To answer your question, Xetronic kit and Xentronic digital kit are top notch kits. I am running a set of 4300K in both my wife's MKX and my LSE. By the way, no ground wire is required for either of those Xetronic kits.

Anybody know a place where I can buy either the Xetronic kit or Xentronic digital kit cheaper then Lskoncepts have them for?

Have any of you used the NOKYA headlight bulbs? There not anywhere near the price of the HID conversion kits and with easier installation it'd probably be less of a headache if I have any problems...

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-arctic-white-stage-2-bulbs-p-221.php

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-cosmic-white-stage-2-bulbs-p-223.php

The plug and play wiring harness:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-plug-play-wiring-harness-p-219.php

Those are just higher wattage halegons, pretty much like the Silverstars at Autozone (never had the ones in the link so can't comment personally on the output only hearsay). Does not even come close to the output of hid lighting (4300k to 6000k) imo.

I can personally attest that the stock HID's use a different reflector pattern than the halogen lights do, in the LS. Recently a couple of us met in Central Arkansas and I was able to compare, side by side, my 04 LS to an 04 LSE with factory HID lights (thanks George).

Thanks for that info! I always wondered about that :shifty:

Members online

Back