well, my F%$*&%G water pump will not budge

420ss

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well it is 4:00 in the morning and i started last night at about 7:30, trying to just simply remove and replace (R/R) my water pump on my 97 mark VIII LSC. i removed the pully, then removed the 4 mounting bolts around the perimeter of the pump. first i started trying to pull it out by wiggling it up and down and side to side, after about a half an hour of this i tried tapping all around the pump with a rubber mallet, the different techniques went on until i got completely fed up and came inside to seek your assistance fellow LVCers, this job didn't just look like the easiest job, i was told by every one that it is by far the simplest thing to R/R on the mark VIII. so can some one please inform me how to remove this F@^$&*G pump once it has decided to become a permanent part of my block

Judicious application of a dead blow hammer will usually do the trick. :cool:

thanks to both of you for the assistance, now i just wish i would have asked earlier, oh ya i had one more question pertaining to the thermostat, are the two bolts that hold the housing together suppose to be pointing down towards the ground, cause i also installed a jet performance low temp stat but my guage is reading the exact same.

thanks to both of you for the assistance, now i just wish i would have asked earlier, oh ya i had one more question pertaining to the thermostat, are the two bolts that hold the housing together suppose to be pointing down towards the ground, cause i also installed a jet performance low temp stat but my guage is reading the exact same.

The bolt heads on the thermostat housing should be at the bottom. Changing the thermostat, without changing the tune, isn't going to lower the temps unless the car is moving, as the fan will still try to maintain the stock desired temp (210 degrees).

HPIM3234.jpg

Members online

Back