Well I found out why my trunk release quit working...DAMNIT!

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As some of you may have read in my other post I have my car at the paint shop, and the other day the guy called me saying my trunk release quit working along with the keyless entry, power door locks and windows and when one of them tried using the button he said it smelled like something was shorting..well long story short I got a locksmith to come out and make 2 trunk keys for it. I stopped by to pay the locksmith and peeked in my trunk to see if the wiring along the trunk hinge was culprit, which I noticed there were 3 wires total that had broken through..so i figured that was the problem. Anthony, the shop owner said no problem we'll reconnect the wires and look for any blown fuses and get it to work....Well, I get a couple texts from Anthony this AM showing this:

IMG951420_zpsa0d6ed78.jpg

IMG959822_zps7a01b022.jpg

IMG955565_zps2be70abc.jpg

IMG959132_zpsaff2a8a4.jpg

I'm guessing it's a module of some sort for the keyless entry..and yes I know it has my door code on there..but at this point I'm pretty sure it's useless. Of course the part is discontinued by Ford..shocking. Is it possible to take one from another car and use it's keyless entry passcode on my car and have it work properly? Or does something have to be programmed for it to work? Anyone have any experience with one of these things?

should be able to throw another module in there and use the new modules keyless entry code without issue.
you can always set the second code back to what you are accustomed to.

should be able to throw another module in there and use the new modules keyless entry code without issue.
you can always set the second code back to what you are accustomed to.

I'm goin JY huntin' now, I'll grab as many of these little f*ckers as I can, hopefully they aren't year specific. And oh yea, I forgot you could change the passcode. Thanks!

haha, I'll try my luck at a used $10 one first, Anthony from the shop called a Ford tech he knows and they guy looked up this part and the last listed price for it was $125...so that price is spot on.

Just bought two of them..one out of a 96 and one from a 94..they are both grey in color though instead of black like mine and the sticker is different on the 94. Hopefully this doesn't make a difference. On top of that I grabbed some corner lights off the 94 and the eyebrow trim all of which is in pretty good shape..not a bad JY day..

FYI there were actually two 94s there and both had black interior with lots of good interior parts left with the exception of all center console stuff, and the midnight grey 98 was STILL there from the last time I went there back in January as well as a 98 charcoal green lsc. All located at wadsworth pick n pull.

welp, got lucky this time around, I went back to the shop and tried out one of the keyless entry modules after they reconnected the broken wires..plugged in the 3 connectors and everything works perfectly, new code works also. I'm lucky this thing didn't burn my car to the ground!

glad to hear you got it sorted. those things i believe are serious hazards. i got lucky with mine. when i was having my alarm installed they took the clear plastic cover off and when they did you could just smell the electrical charring. thankfully it didnt do much damage other then a little char here and there. cleaned it up good and its worked fine ever since.

glad to hear you got it sorted. those things i believe are serious hazards. i got lucky with mine. when i was having my alarm installed they took the clear plastic cover off and when they did you could just smell the electrical charring. thankfully it didnt do much damage other then a little char here and there. cleaned it up good and its worked fine ever since.

Yeah that sh*t stinks too..I had the old module in my truck for maybe 15 minutes on the way home from the body shop and it smelled up my interior..smells like burnt plastic, I can only imagine how the trunk of my car smells right now. I'm glad they caught it in time before it caugh fire, that woulda been bad since it was inside the shop with numerous customers BMWs, and high end exotics.

Members online

No members online now.
Back