Weird Starting Problem...Help!!!

Ok, well it seems that the pump isn't working. I don't here any sound of the fuel pump when I try to start the car or leave the switch in the on position. I'm thinking of buying this fuel pump since most of the auto parts here just want to sell me the repair kit just like this one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=33555

The repair kit in the autoparts here range from $100-$150, so I'm wondering if anybody has used this repair kit on ebay? Also is there anything else I should be checking before I order the fuel pump besides fuses? Thanks again to everybody for all their input.

Okay, so you have determined that the fuel pump isn't working. Now the question is "Is the fuel pump defective, or is the fuel pump not getting power?"

If you have a voltmeter (or DMM), you can check for voltage at the fuel pump connector. If you don't you could at least try checking the fuel pump fuse and the fuel pump relay. The REM controls the fuel pump so it could be the problem. Also, there is a safety cut off switch on the driver's kick panel. All that said, it usually is the fuel pump.

Ok, thanks joegr, but I have already checked the fuel pump fuse and it's fine. I don't have a voltmeter but I might be able to get one. Do you know what relay is the fuel pump relay?

Ok, thanks joegr, but I have already checked the fuel pump fuse and it's fine. I don't have a voltmeter but I might be able to get one. Do you know what relay is the fuel pump relay?

Sorry, I can only answer for gen II.

Check your owner's manual.

Update: Problem Solved

Well, I finally got my problem solved and it was the fuel pump that it had gone bad. I changed the fuel pump myself and its not too hard to do. I ordered the fuel pump from ebay that i mentioned above and it was only 43.00 bucks shipped. So I'll let you guys know how the pump works out. Thanks for all your help guys.

I am about to order one as well.
Having the exact same symptoms. I thought I had it fixed last week when I replaces fuel filter, cleaned IAC, and changed out one coil. No luck - this week the same problem.
Does the kit come with any instructions?

No it doesn't come with any instruction but once you take out the fuel pump it's fairly easy what u need to do. You just need to remove about 5 or 6 screws so you can put the new fuel pump in the plastic housing. I also cleaned the inside of the plastic housing since it was real dirty. Then you just need to remove the two filters and replace them with the new ones . Don't forget to remove the two black plastic parts that are attached to the top and bottom of the old pump and put them in the new one. Then just put the pump back together and you are good to go. PM me if you have any other questions or problems.

really? dang, thats the problem I keep having...the car justr cranks and cranks, with the pats light flashing...have to cycle the key a few times, then it quits

I have developed this problem as well. After cycling the key a dozen times or so I hear the fuel pump engage and it will start up.
Does it generally start every time you cycle the key?

Has any body found a resolution to this problem?

How would I go about finding this loose connection and could having to cycle the key be possibly linked to the loose connection?

I remember reading a tread on this. The LS would crank and not start. Sometimes it wouldn't crank and other times it would start just fine. The problem was a bad connection with the ignition cylinder.

Members online

No members online now.
Back