Weird noise

surfaaron

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is probably a goofy question but when I shut my mark 7 off and get out and then shut the door there is a weird sound coming from the drivers side front fender area. It sounds like something is reseting. What in the heck is it. Also when I start it up after sitting for a while it makes a electrical wining noise. Any ideas. Thanks for answering my on going newbie questions.

It’s more than likely your air suspension adjusting the height, now you know where the compressor and a couple of other goodies are.

Don

Quasimoto said:
It’s more than likely your air suspension adjusting the height, now you know where the compressor and a couple of other goodies are.

Don

I do know were the compressor is but why would it adjust every time I get out and it only does it after the door is shut. Is it because my fat butt is getting out. Also any ideas on the electrical noise at start up. Thanks for helping me out with this. I am new to the Lincoln thing and really want to take care of this car right.One more thing also. I was going to adjust the ride height adjusters to lower it a little. Any problems I would run into if I do this.Thanks again. :L

Yes when you get out the car the height changes, the height adjusts after the door is shut by design. If it settled while the door was still open the chances of the door getting stuck on a curb or a snow bank it pretty good.

Quasimoto said:
Yes when you get out the car the height changes, the height adjusts after the door is shut by design. If it settled while the door was still open the chances of the door getting stuck on a curb or a snow bank it pretty good.

That makes perfect sense. What about setting the height adjusters lower. Are there any problems that I could run into. Thanks for the info.

surfaaron said:
That makes perfect sense. What about setting the height adjusters lower. Are there any problems that I could run into. Thanks for the info.

Oh I didn’t notice we had multiple questions.

As for lowering the car, problems? Yes and no. The most likely thing to happen if your springs are old (7+ years) lowering it could cause them to fail (slow leaks). I discovered this the hard way, within a month of buying my LSC I dropped it down and not long after that I walked out to go to work one morning and found it dropped to the stops.

If you need to replace the springs I have found “American Air Suspension” to be the best I have dealt with.

Enjoy

I forgot about your electrical wining noise, the cars gotta adjust for your weight and also after sitting over night the outside temperature cools and will cause the air in the springs to contract.

Man a free science lesson too!

Quasimoto said:
I forgot about your electrical wining noise, the cars gotta adjust for your weight and also after sitting over night the outside temperature cools and will cause the air in the springs to contract.

Man a free science lesson too!

Learn something new every day. Thank you again for your info.

Members online

No members online now.
Back