Weird engine noise!

Ling-Ling94

LVC Member
Reaction score
I started my car this morning and I keep hearing this weird hissing noise from towards the back of the engine. Anyone have any idea what it can possibly be? Thank you.

That's almost nothing to go on.
Vacuum leak?

my money is on a snake or weasel. climbed up there to stay warm, the motor running scares the animal and the animal makes a hiss to warn you...

my money is on a snake or weasel. climbed up there to stay warm, the motor running scares the animal and the animal makes a hiss to warn you...

Agreed, that's the most logical explanation ;)

I recently had the back of the intake blow out, IIRC there are nipples (giggity) on the back of it or near it for vacuum lines. Worth a feel to see if you feel anything coming off.

Vacuum lines terminate at the rear of the engine. check for split rubber hoses and boots.

Vacuum lines terminate at the rear of the engine. check for split rubber hoses and boots.

And if your fingers come back black and the stuff spreads like grease and sticks like glue , you have dry-rotted lines. They may look fine but they are actually leaking a tiny bit along their entire length.

Members online

Back