Weird 2000 Lincoln LS Engine Running Issue

triniti

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I had a huge electrical short issue with my LS in 07 with a junction box behind the driver's foot rest. After months of headaches and dollars resolving the issue we finally got it resolved. During this time I replaced the battery. The new battery I think was damaged by the constant shorting of the system. So I decided not to drive it for a little while since it was winter time, plus the battery was dead. I didn't start the car for about a month until it warmed up a little. I jumped it and it started and ran just fine for a few minutes. But now here's the issue.

It idles kind of rough. When I put it in gear it idles very rough like when I had to replace my coils. I tried to drive it around the corner and I thought it was going to stall on me. It ran perfectly fine before the battery issue and I let it sit. I'm stumped because it idles particularly smooth at around 1,000rpm. As soon as I put it in a gear it idles horribly but doesn't shut off and drives with hesitation and sputtering. The check engine light starts flashing also. What could be causing this all of a sudden? Could it be bad fuel? I have about 3/4 of a tank in there and was wondering if this could be the case because I can't see coils going bad just sitting there. Plus it ran fine in the beginning, I'm assuming from the fuel already in the engine area until the jacked up fuel started pumping from the tank.

And before you say so, I'll blast myself instead. I know I should have started it way before then. It was foolish and that's why this is happening to teach me a lesson. Nevertheless, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a combination of old gas, and possibly fouled plugs, or clogged injectors. Put a couple gallons of fresh gas in there with some octane booster and fuel system cleaner.

Have the trouble codes checked at AutoZone for free, if you can get it there that is. Don't throw parts at the car without checking them first.

NYC LS8...do you have anywhere in mind I can get the style wheels you have for a reasonable price. I currently have the I have the shining aluminum 17" ones on my 04V8 and I really want that style...or the 06 style chrome ones.

Probably eBay, or try Craigslist. Just know that the Navigator wheels will NOT work on our cars, as the Navi is 6 lug. Good luck in your search! :Beer

Yeah, I noticed they the same but 6 lugs...thanks. I really would rather have the ones like I have just dipped in chrome.

Members online

No members online now.
Back