Weeezing Sound In EnginE!

chamorro

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
First of all I own an '02 LS V6, I'm having this weezing sound when I reach higher speeds maybe around 50+ it starts goin'. Kinda sounds like a turbo revvin' up. Any suggestions thanks! I haven't changed my belts so I'm not quite sure if that could be the reason.

Is it over 50mph? What about your rpms? Maybe it comes after certain engine speed? If it's over 50mph only then I don't think that it's from engine.

HyeLifeLS said:
Is it over 50mph? What about your rpms? Maybe it comes after certain engine speed? If it's over 50mph only then I don't think that it's from engine.

yeah i can hear it when i go over 50+ mph.........what do you think it's from???

It may be a cam chain. IIRC, the 00-02 models had this issue and it was fixed in the 03-06 models. I'm not sure if the whine was exclusively to the V8 models, or whether the V6 models were included.

AFAIK, there is no fix.

Could be the rear halfshafts, valve body or solenoid packing.

stupid suggestion, but have you checked your coolant level lately, the radiator fan sounds like a damn turbo when it gets hot.

It's getting cold out...............

Are you sure that it is not just congested. Rub it down with Vicks Vaporub, take an aspirin, and call me in the morning. Oh, and that will be $275.00 for the house call.

thanks for the replies......still haven't fixed it yet but i'll take into the shop this weekend.

Members online

Back