Weaved Mesh installed ("CDC MESH")

damn i want this on my ls, i seen them mesh kits on ebay but those are just like overlays,

damn i want this on my ls, i seen them mesh kits on ebay but those are just like overlays,

Yeah those ebay meshes are flat. Weaved mesh or cdc mesh looks a lot better than those overlays.

Yea thats why i bought some of this mesh from alax7, looked everywhere couldnt find mesh like this.

Yup, I had to buy that giant roll just to get some for the one grille i wanted to make. Everyone left me haning on it, but atleast I sold most of them now

Group buy my arse!

Yup, I had to buy that giant roll just to get some for the one grille i wanted to make. Everyone left me hanging on (the group buy) but at least I sold most of them now

Thanks for having the balls to forego the group buy and just buy all the mesh. Just got mine from you today, thanks! Didn't realize you had to expand it, but it looks easy enough.
Glad you've sold it all now.
Paul

Yeah, everyone backed out, it sucked. But yeah, it looks like I've sold it most of it all now.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to warm you about that. It's pretty hard to find a box big enough for the mesh uncompressed. Did it expand to normal size by itself?

Try to bend it the opposite way a little to make it sit even and not half rolled diagonally. This is so when you install it on the grille, it wont bend the bottom of the grille surround a little trying to go back to it's rolled up shape. I know it sounds a little confusing, let me know if yo dont get it, I'll try to explain it differently

How are we doing for actually getting a "group" for the group buy?

IMO plasti-dipping that mesh black would look much better and more like that Mc Laren thingy you posted. Plasti-dip, if used enough, should make the gauge appear thicker on that mesh as well.

Nice job.

Stand Back!!!

Yeah, everyone backed out, it sucked. But yeah, it looks like I've sold it most of it all now.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to warm you about that. It's pretty hard to find a box big enough for the mesh uncompressed. Did it expand to normal size by itself?

Try to bend it the opposite way a little to make it sit even and not half rolled diagonally. This is so when you install it on the grille, it wont bend the bottom of the grille surround a little trying to go back to it's rolled up shape. I know it sounds a little confusing, let me know if yo dont get it, I'll try to explain it differently

Uh, YEAH. I left the clear packing tape on it until just now and when I took it off it jumped right back to original 90* normal size. Didn't see that coming, kinda cool.

It def sits partially rolled diagonally, but not much, just about 6" off the floor on each opposite corner. Maybe leaving it in the tape mellowed that out a good bit.

I have a 2pc Gen I grille I'll use while I'm hacking on the original Gen 2 grille. It's a one piece so we will see if it is possible. You used a 2pc Gen 2 IIRC yes?

Yeah it's bend that way because it was rolled up in a big roll prior to cutting.

I used a 2 piece grille on my first one, but I did a grille for someone that was a 1 piece grille. It took forever and was a paint becasue I had to cut the center off and sand everything down, leaving only the chrome surround.

Hey Alax, when you are making these mesh grills from the 2 piece gen2 grille you don't have mounting tabs on the bottom anymore do you? Those tabs are a part of the center piece that you remove? Does this cause any problems with the grille sticking out at the bottom or it making any noise from not being totally secured?

Tabs are indeed on the center part that is removed. If you dont bend the mesh flat, once you install it, the mesh will slightly warpped the bottom of the grille, like if it was trying to roll itself back. I never did it on mine, but planned to if I used it enough; you can epoxy, or weld to the mesh, 2 small screws to the bottom of the surround, make 2 small holes on the hood for these holes to go through, and put a nut on each of them.

The grille is secured anough with the top 4 nuts on it. When I had my replica grille on, I did not notice any noise or flappig due to not having the bottom clips.

Alax, did you have any of that mesh left?

He was trying to set up a group buy for another roll.

Hey Alax, where is the group buy standing right now?

Thanks for the info on the grille. When I make mine I'll see if there is a way I can add tabs and leave space for the mesh to fit in there too.

I might have one left. I'll get back to you on that tom.

I'll update the group buy thread, but if we dont get enough people I'm not going to go through with it. I'll chip in money just for my piece but I wont take the fall for the rest of the roll.

I'll update the group buy thread, but if we dont get enough people I'm not going to go through with it. I'll chip in money just for my piece but I wont take the fall for the rest of the roll.

I don't blame you. It's unfortunate that people won't pull the trigger until they see a finished product or know the exact cost, but some of that comes from people promising one thing and then just running off with the money. Too many been scammed on some of those deals. That's why I know I have to make a finished product before I can ask anyone to buy anything I make...BUT

If I get the grill worked out like I want I may just buy a roll myself and assemble the grille so people can just buy them completed. I may even make another insert or 2 and make it a set that people can change out the inserts. We'll see how it goes though.

Yeah, I know what you mean by people getting scammed, but I think I have proved that I wont run off with the money, atleast I think so.

I was thinking of making grilles too and just selling them, but they dont pop up that often for cheap to make money off of them. I could buy a new grille for 120-150 and sell it for 200, but that might be too steep for most

Yeah, I know what you mean by people getting scammed, but I think I have proved that I wont run off with the money, atleast I think so.

I was thinking of making grilles too and just selling them, but they dont pop up that often for cheap to make money off of them. I could buy a new grille for 120-150 and sell it for 200, but that might be too steep for most

Yeah, def wasn't talking about you being a scammer. You contribute too much to the community from what I've seen.

Hopefully I can keep the cost of my grilles to under $100 or right around there since they are custom and all of the work will be done, more with a paint match of course. If I want to sell them over-priced then I'll just put them up on ebay and just give the good deals to the LVC guys!

Members online

Back