weatherstripping

bb58926

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to go about fixing(darkening) or replacing the weather stripping that goes along the windows edge, all 4 doors have faded including the strip around the sunroof and it is driving me friggin nuts. ...Still love my car though.... :dj:

i have the same problem, evertime i drive the weather stripping makes noise i think im just going to super glue it back

mine isn't loose, its just faded.. the spots don't seem to wanna go away...

stripping

I sure could use some help on this is someone knew of anthing......
:feedback

i have the same problem... i mite go to my dealer and see how much it would cost me to get em all replaced... cause im guessin paint wudnt really work on the stripping... let me kno wut u do

BBoyd said:
Mothers makes some stuff for the rubber weatherstripping called "back to black" it works pretty good.

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/specialprod.html
Click the link and scroll down.

It worked for me for about a week. I tried using it on the pillar parts too. Nope. I used that product on my Mustang though and it held out pretty well. I guess the parts they put on the Lincoln wear out and when they do...they are really worn out! I think it is going to depend on how bad the wear is on how successful you are with that stuff.

Members online

No members online now.
Back