Water in trunk

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Aloha Guys.

I did some search and found several post about it, but it did not specify where in trunk, so here I go.

I find water in the spare tire well every time after rain. I see some said I should check the tail light housing, some said the drain tube, other said weatherstrip. I check both drain tube and looks fine (just the visual check), housing seems to be tight and weatherstrip looks ok.

Anything else I should look for? I do look for water path and streaks, but guess by the time I get to it, it dries out and can't really trace it.

Get in the trunk with a flashlight and get someone to spray around really good with a hose. Be sure to have them hit the sunroof too.

Weatherstrip looking OK is invalid. If the weatherstrip is the problem, the water will migrate UNDER it, over the metal lip, and into the trunk. Get some windshield sealer , then remove the trunk weatherstrip. Fill the channel on the underside of the weatherstrip with the windshield sealer, then reinstall. My trunk was doing this, and the weatherstrip looked pretty new but the water was still working its way through it. This solved my problem. And, I'd do this anyway because even if it isn't your problem now, it may become a problem in the future. Good luck with it.

Solved my problem taking 2 foot of bailing wire and running all the way through the drain hole located inside gas filler door. Once clog was penetrated and flushed with hose the leak inside trunk stopped.

Solved my problem taking 2 foot of bailing wire and running all the way through the drain hole located inside gas filler door. Once clog was penetrated and flushed with hose the leak inside trunk stopped.

Impressive. Good diligence and effort. Glad your issue is resolved.

I think I just might have to take some this advice with the caulk and wire, mines was filling wit water I took the drain plugs out in the wheel well and it solved my problem wit water filling in it.

I needed to replace the chrome license surround on the trunk. It was hit slightly in a parking lot allowing water to collect under the spare tire.

Members online

No members online now.
Back