Water in spark plug wells = miss-fire

Did you drive thru a car wash with under carriage blast?

Not sure if you are still using the plug covers, they need to be sealed. It's the same design as my lincoln continental and that part that has the wire coming through needs to have a gasket sealant.

Noticed that your airbag is on, clockspring issue? Looks like a common issue with LS.

ton of people have had this problem before...

as Joe mentioned the gaskets around the wiper cowl are leaking and allowing water to drip over your engine.

replace the gaskets and you should be good to go. I also used a little silicone to seal the coil covers so this cant happen again.

I just fixed my issue with water in my wells. Mine was overflowing with water. Now heres the link to the TSB on the foam seal, it should help you out. Very easy fix. 5 bucks from ford dealer.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cewhite3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/tsb05-16-02.pdf

Idk if anyone else has done this but I made sure to seal the the part where the windshield and cowl meet with silicone. I just don't want to deal with the water in the wells anymore. But other than that get new plugs, coils, and clean the boots (I used a tooth brush and carb cleaner) and you should be good.

I just fixed my issue with water in my wells. Mine was overflowing with water. Now heres the link to the TSB on the foam seal, it should help you out. Very easy fix. 5 bucks from ford dealer.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cewhite3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/tsb05-16-02.pdf

Idk if anyone else has done this but I made sure to seal the the part where the windshield and cowl meet with silicone. I just don't want to deal with the water in the wells anymore. But other than that get new plugs, coils, and clean the boots (I used a tooth brush and carb cleaner) and you should be good.

This might be a nice maintenance item. I had a rusty #8 plug on both '06es. As I was replacing the seal on both of them I noticed the adhesive on the old seals had failed and the seal had distorted, allowing water to pass. The foam had also collapsed and wasn't providing a proper seal.

Well worth the ~$5 and half hour or so of my time (to do both LSes).

hey , i know what foam piece your talking about. Its the one that goes between the valve cover right? closest to the left side of the engine near the fire wall right ? theres a video on on youtube on how to change it.. im not sure what its called so i dont know what to order

you have foam between your valve covers?

thats not what this thread is about... there are foam rings, under the piece pf plastic right under the windshield, right where the the wiper arms go through.

Some years ago, I replaced my COPs with items intended for a Mustang. They fit just fine and the design of the boots for the Mustang pieces is such that a flange at the top seals the plug well. It is best, however for you to do a bit of rewiring, since the plastic bits that clip the loom to the coil are such that the ground and the hot side are reversed. This condition is such that there is a possibility of 'confusing' the ECU.

Staff online

Members online

Back