Water in coil #8

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So looks like a the infamous wiper seal part failed. Yay.

Not even gonna bother calling Ford for a price, already know they're gonna ask $400+

Where can I get this seal, or what is the seal called?

Just to update:

Carquest, Napa, and a local autoparts store all said this is a dealer part only. Ford said out of stock.
So I can't get this part. I'm going to have to get creative and use a rubber sealant.

I am going to print a big Vinyl picture of Phil Swift, put it on my hood, and write "This Genuine FORD is held together by FLEX SEAL. Thank you Ford for not being there for your customers".

Just to update:

Carquest, Napa, and a local autoparts store all said this is a dealer part only. Ford said out of stock.
So I can't get this part. I'm going to have to get creative and use a rubber sealant.

I am going to print a big Vinyl picture of Phil Swift, put it on my hood, and write "This Genuine FORD is held together by FLEX SEAL. Thank you Ford for not being there for your customers".

I don't really see that working. What should work though is the peel-n-stick weather striping foam that you can get at places like Home Depot and Lowes.

Just to update:

So I can't get this part.

Great..... I need one, too. No water, but we JUST replaced VCGs, plugs, and coils and made it a point to check this part. Anyone have the dimensions? Seems easy enough to fabricate with the right material and an X-acto knife. Would think some closed-cell foam of the right thickness, so then we just need that thickness plus diameters....

Last edited:

Members online

Back