Wasted time.

Bob Hubbard

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just finished, as many of you did, watching the debate.
What struck me was there was nothing new in the debate.
We have heard it all in both campaigns, and in their earlier debate.
Tonight I was expecting , in addition to the current state of the economy, talk on other issues like immigration, rebuilding this country's infrastructure.
There feelings on abortion, there feelings on gun control, voting issues in general, and voter fraud in particular.
I heard not one whisper of these things from either candidate.
One thing was evident throughout this campaign, and once again brought home by the black dude in this debate.
Republicans want government off our backs, and Obama and his cronies want government solving all our problems.
What he and his fello dems fail to see, and understand is government cannot, and will not be the cure all for what troubles this country.
Everytime the government steps up to the plate, they compound the problem, and make it worse.
We have yet to see the result of this current bail out, and as sure as I write this, I belive it will be a failure.
This debate tonight certainly did nothing to convince me Obama is ready to lead this country.
I have been a registered democrat all my life, and today I re-registered as a republican.
Iam sick and tired of people thinking the government is the cure for everything.
More likely than that, the reason I changed party affillation is I have a huge dislike and mis trust of black people.
Now I know , I have heard it all my life, "you can't judge all by a few".
To that I say BULL SH!T.
I am aware there are some successful and well educated blacks in the world, but the reality is, most aren't, and they are the problem.
Thay think the world owes them a living .
I have no use for them, and I sure as hell don't want one as the president of this country.
Predijuce, you bet your a$$ I am, and I will be the first to admit it.
Like "the guy from Boston" mentioned in another thread, I think many feel as I do, but don't have the balls to say it.
So, getting back to this election and campaign, it would be nice in the next debate (not sure there is one upcomming) if they took on more domestic issues instead of just the economy.
Bob.

What an a-hole thing to say/feel.

I do applaud you for being honest about your stances though.

Bob, you can blame Brokaw. He selected the questions and controlled the debate.

Well as with all presidential candidates, as well as state governors, we get " I AM GONNA CHANGE THIS AND THAT" when I am elected. Then they all get in office and find out they can,t cause they don't have control, the house and senate due. Here in Indiana Mitch Daniels did just that. Did the exact opposite of what he preached on his campaign.

Mr Hubbard,
From your post I would say that you will be more comfortable now. Now get out and work for your chosen candidate - my family always believed it really isn't enough to just passively vote, work for a campaign, run for office, get involved, make a difference.

Bob, I feel sorry for you. You've had your say, and here's mine. If you think it's courage to say that you're a bigot, you're sadly mistaken. Your blanket opinion about an entire race of people furthers the cause of hate in the weak-minded. You are part of the problem as well, like it or not. What is the solution, if you're right? Tell me, how can it be fixed? I guess, to you, if African Americans will know their place and subject themselves to your viewpoint, then all will be okay, huh? Newsflash: it aint gonna happen! So what's the next step? Your way of thinking leads only to one logical conclusion to fix this "problem". And I reject that. And I reject your defeatist attitude. Your statements add fuel to the fire. I believe you're a senior citizen. So shame on you for fanning the flames of a possible race-war that your kids and grandkids may have to fight.

Here is a better solution:

link

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you kbob - a very nice post - I agree with you whole hardily and I am more than a bit embarrassed I was afraid to say what you did, even though I certainly thought it.

By the way, the revival in that article I linked lasted for 2+ months and spread to several churches in the area. It touched thousands of lives.

Here's another article if you're interested: link

Bob, I feel sorry for you. You've had your say, and here's mine. If you think it's courage to say that you're a bigot, you're sadly mistaken. Your blanket opinion about an entire race of people furthers the cause of hate in the weak-minded. You are part of the problem as well, like it or not. What is the solution, if you're right? Tell me, how can it be fixed? I guess, to you, if African Americans will know their place and subject themselves to your viewpoint, then all will be okay, huh? Newsflash: it aint gonna happen! So what's the next step? Your way of thinking leads only to one logical conclusion to fix this "problem". And I reject that. And I reject your defeatist attitude. Your statements add fuel to the fire. I believe you're a senior citizen. So shame on you for fanning the flames of a possible race-war that your kids and grandkids may have to fight.

Here is a better solution:

link

I am not sure why you posted that link, but my guess would be you feel I need some sort of "redemption".
When it comes to religion, I have but one belife, and that is it is strickly between me and my God, not a crowd of people following like sheep.
I know where I stand with God, and that is all that matters.
Good for those folks in Jena.
That is what they felt they needed but, that is far removed from what I feel is "right" for me.
What is right for me is between the Lord and me.
You have a right to your opinion as do I, and if we can't voice that opinion without someone going off the deep end, then we surely are in dire straights.
Not that it matters, there is racisim throughout the world, always has been, and always will be.
By bringing forth a bunch of "repenting" sinners to a congregation in Jena, your point has been made regarding that particular groupe of people, but please do not try to "convert" me by example.
I am not alone in my dislike for blacks, and we can leave it at that.
There is dislike everywhere for different races, and classes of people.
Some hate muslims, some hate gays, some hate hispanics, and weather they care to admit it or not, that hate is real, for whatever reason.
Hate and dislike for a particular thing are human nature, and if you think you can end it by "example, you are sadly mistaken.
Bob.

I am not sure why you posted that link, but my guess would be you feel I need some sort of "redemption".
I did not post that for you. That was for everyone. It is a better alternative than your hate.
Hate and dislike for a particular thing are human nature, and if you think you can end it by "example, you are sadly mistaken.
Bob.
I agree that hate is human nature. We must rise above that when it comes to racial tensions. Again, the alternative in the link is better than yours.

Bob thank you for your opinion, so many people are caught up in political correctness and sometimes will not voice an opinion at all.

Whether I agree or disagree this is what freedom of speech meant when it was written.

Bob thank you for your opinion, so many people are caught up in political correctness and sometimes will not voice an opinion at all.

Whether I agree or disagree this is what freedom of speech meant when it was written.

Why would you thank a bigot for his opinion....that makes no sense.
Freedom of speech or not.

For the record: I'm not into political correctness. Case in point: I'm a Christian.

Obviously because of my stance on one particular group, the original subject of this thread got thrown aside.
My coment relating too the debate was just my opinion.
I really wish the two candidates would speak on more issues than the current state of our economy.
True, the financial economy is the basis for everything else that goes on in the country but, these other issue have to be dealt with as well.
Take my state of California as an example.
A few days ago our governor said he may have to ask Washington for a bailout because we don't have enough funds to keep operating the state.
One financial problem among the many , is the cost of goods and services, especially medical,and education, that the state has to dole out for illegal immigrants.
The figure was estimated at over 11 Billion dollars a year, just for illegal immigrants.
We aren't talking federal expense here, just the state of California.
Now, multiply that by 50 and see what the figure is.
This is a major "financial" issue that niether candidate seems to want to address.
What about gun control.
Does either candidate share my views on this issue?
I really don't know because they don't discuss it.
How about abortion?
Where do each of them stand on that issue?
Dammed if I know.
As for education, neither has given any specefics as to what needs to be done, and how that will be accomplished.
AS a whole, we voters are being left in the dark, and are voting equal to a toss of the dice.
Wouldn't it be great if there were a "middle of the road" candidate running , one who could take the best ideas from both parties, and merge them into a sound operating principal doctrine for this government to function on.
Now THAT would be something we could all vote for.
Bob.

A few days ago our governor said he may have to ask Washington for a bailout because we don't have enough funds to keep operating the state.
One financial problem among the many , is the cost of goods and services, especially medical,and education, that the state has to dole out for illegal immigrants.
The figure was estimated at over 11 Billion dollars a year, just for illegal immigrants.
This is a major "financial" issue that niether candidate seems to want to address.
What about gun control.
How about abortion?
Dammed if I know.
As for education, neither has given any specefics as to what needs to be done, and how that will be accomplished.
AS a whole, we voters are being left in the dark, and are voting equal to a toss of the dice.
As I said, you can thank the media for obfuscating and keeping the truth from you.
Wouldn't it be great if there were a "middle of the road" candidate running , one who could take the best ideas from both parties, and merge them into a sound operating principal doctrine for this government to function on.
Bob.
Some people would argue that that is what McCain is - a middle of the road candidate.

However, I have yet to see one good idea come from today's Democrat party.

I for one would like to see more from the candidates. My girl friend doesn't have any insurance and she has epilepsy. She worked along time and has nothing, at this point have no help from the "gov't". She is to proud to go on welfare and yet if you broke down racial statistics of welfare recipients, you might understand alittle of what Bob is saying And by the way I to am Christian, and my girl friend is a Minister.

Obviously because of my stance on one particular group, the original subject of this thread got thrown aside.
My coment relating too the debate was just my opinion.
I really wish the two candidates would speak on more issues than the current state of our economy.
True, the financial economy is the basis for everything else that goes on in the country but, these other issue have to be dealt with as well.
What about gun control.
How about abortion?
Dammed if I know.
Bob.
What the hell does all that matter Bob.......did you forget the dude is BLACK !

So your hate is no different than his??

WTF is that supposed to mean ?
Let me tell you a secret I can tell you don't know.. hating someone you never met because of the color of their skin is a bad thing. No good will ever come from it.

Let me tell you a secret I can tell you don't know.. hating someone you never met because of the color of their skin is a bad thing. No good will ever come from it.

seems to me your "bigot" outlook is no different than his "black" outlook.

seems to me your "bigot" outlook is no different than his "black" outlook.

I have no bigot outlook..... Bob admits he dosent like blacks because they are black thats a fact.

Bigot

I dont hate bigots I more or less feel sorry for them, what a way to live to dislike somebody you never met because of they way they look.

But that doest mean I want to thank one for there view points like you did.

like so many you are narrow minded, bigots burned crosses, Bob just doesn't care for blacks, there is a difference. I do feel sorry for you.

I have no bigot outlook..... Bob admits he dosent like blacks because they are black thats a fact.

Bigot

I dont hate bigots I more or less feel sorry for them, what a way to live to dislike somebody you never met because of they way they look.

But that doest mean I want to thank one for there view points like you did.

Most of you have confused what I said about my dislike for blacks.
You state that I hate someone I have never met.
Too a point that is true, but using skin color as the basis for my hate is not the point I tried to get across too you.
I hate the image that most blacks portray.
If others acted, and lived the way some blacks do, regardless of their skin color, I would feel the same about them.
Take a look at the population in this country's jails and prisons.
What race is predominant in these institutions?
You guessed it.
Take a look at who comits the most crimes.
Again, you got it.
What race of people most often comes across as thinking the world owes them something?
Again, Blacks top the list.
If there is one thing among blacks that really fries my a$$, it is when they are speaking.
You can't get a sentence out of them without hearing "You know what I'M saying?, "You understand what I'M saying?"
They obviously think they are talking to an idiot.
Of course we know what the hell they are saying.
The list goes on, and on, but as I said, it is not so much the color of the skin, but the nature of the race in general.
If any other race of people(including whites) acted like this, I would feel the same.
Hell, I am not perfect, far from it, and I would venture a guess some people dislike me, and that is there choice, just as it is my choice to feel as I do.
We can't look at the world through rose colored glasses and, like it or not, dislikes of one kind or another exist.
Again, it is not so much about skin color as it is character, and at this point, blacks, for the most part rule the roost when it comes to unacceptable character.
Bob.

I hate the image that most financial presidents and CEOs portray.

If others acted, and lived the way some financial institution CEOs do, regardless of their skin color, I would feel the same about them.

Take a look at the population in this country's country clubs and exclusive clubs.What race is predominant in these institutions?

You guessed it.

Who buys more John Tesh and Kenny G CDs...

White - you got it

Take a look at what race is at the top of the heap in most banking/finance organizations

White – you got it

Take a look at who commits most white collar crime –

White – you got it

What race of people most often comes across as thinking the world is so stupid that they can get away with cheating the rest of us.

White CEOs – you got it

If there is one thing among white CEOs that really fries my a$$, it is when they are speaking.
You can't get a sentence out of them without hearing "my dow jones is tracking up today, while the bond market looks to be closing lower” and “my Lexus seems to have a click in the back package tray – I knew I should have bought a Mercedes.

They obviously think everyone has money.

Of course we don’t.

Because thanks to them, and their excessive greed we will be bailing out this economy for decades. Leaving us less money... while they get their corporate buy-outs, severance packages and golden parachutes.

Again, it is not so much about skin color as it is character, and at this point, white CEOs, for the most part rule the roost when it comes to unacceptable character.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the image that most financial presidents and CEOs portray.

If others acted, and lived the way some financial institution CEOs do, regardless of their skin color, I would feel the same about them.

Take a look at the population in this country's country clubs and exclusive clubs.What race is predominant in these institutions?

You guessed it.

Who buys more John Tesh and Kenny G CDs...

White - you got it

Take a look at what race is at the top of the heap in most banking/finance organizations

White – you got it

Take a look at who commits most white collar crime –

White – you got it

What race of people most often comes across as thinking the world is so stupid that they can get away with cheating the rest of us.

White CEOs – you got it

If there is one thing among white CEOs that really fries my a$$, it is when they are speaking.
You can't get a sentence out of them without hearing "my dow jones is tracking up today, while the bond market looks to be closing lower” and “my Lexus seems to have a click in the back package tray – I knew I should have bought a Mercedes.

They obviously think everyone has money.

Of course we don’t.

Because thanks to them, and their excessive greed we will be bailing out this economy for decades. Leaving us less money... while they get their corporate buy-outs, severance packages and golden parachutes.

Again, it is not so much about skin color as it is character, and at this point, white CEOs, for the most part rule the roost when it comes to unacceptable character.

Very GOOD POINT.
I see you are in the same club as I.
Obviously you harbour some strong feeling about white execs.
That is your priviledge.
So you see,, by your statement above, you have proven my point, that being hate is everywhere, and all have to live with it.
Bob.

Members online

No members online now.
Back