Washer motor replacement FIXED

Flynbrd

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a new motor for my windshield washer bottle. However I read somewhere that you can't just replace the motor, that you need to buy the motor and bottle as one? Is this true? also how hard is it to remove the washer bottle from the car? This is on 04 v8 ls.

Simple fix really. Passenger side wheel well front panel removed via 3 bolts and 1 pull tab. Lying on the ground, I reached under and disconnected the plug, water line. Oddly the water only dripped out. Grabbed the flat head and popped out the old motor. Still the water only dripped out. I then pulled out the rubber grommet for the reservoir. Oh! Now the water broke and the flood is on. Turned out the old grommet has a screen built into it. The screen was plugged up with harden film deposits. I removed the screen and reinstalled everything with a new motor. Washers work fine now and water sprays perfectly.

easy to remove bottle.... wheel well, and three bolts holding it on. Not sure about the replacement though.

The washer pump can be replaced. I've done it. You don't have to remove the bottle to do it. I think the low fluid sensor is what you can't replace.

Members online

Back