Was ist das Beste - what ist the best "Air ride Suspension Conversion Kit" ???

Hi Schaefft. Das war im Dezember 2004. Die Blinker wurden bei in die Rückfahrtscheinwerfer integriert. Dafür gabs dann die Schei... Zusatzleuchten. Die wurden unter die Stoßstange gesetzt. Kann ich Dir gern ein Foto reinsetzen. Standlicht ? Braucht man das ? Ich denk, er hat es - müsste die erste Stellung am Lichtschalter sein. Der Abschlepphaken :) der hat schon mal gefehlt. Mir ist einmal der Keilriemen auf der Autobahn gerissen :-( - da haben die die Seile an den beiden Stabilisatoren angebracht. Von daher ist er auch nicht so wichtig.
Das Problem mit dem Lack kann ich bestätigen. Ich hatte hiir 3 oder 4 Lackiererein mal angefragt, aber die haben alle wegen dem Perlmuteffekt die Hände über den Köpfen zusammen geschlagen - hab ich dann erst einmal nach hinten geschoben, zumal meine Tochter kürzlich mit Steinen auf der Motorhaube gemalt hat :-( und jetzt muss er erst einmal wieder fahren. Das ist verdammt wichtig. Aber frag doch mal ein Autohaus in den USA an - die bekommen doch eher mal die Daten.

Wegen der Schraube werde ich morgen schauen. Aber soll die an dem Stecker sein ?
Eventuell hilft Dir mein Schein; konnte ihn nicht per pn senden, daher hier:
Fahrzeugschein Lincoln für Schaefft.jpg
An eines erinnere ich mich eben noch; es war schwer, hier eine Versicherung für den Wagen zu finden - niemand kannte den Typ und er war auch in keiner Liste der Versicherer zu finden.
Jetzt ist er über die Cosmos versichert - rel. preiswert zudem.

Fahrzeugschein Lincoln für Schaefft.jpg

Hm, laut StVO müssen die Blinker an einem nicht-beweglichen Teil sein, d.h. Rückfahrscheinwerfer an der Kofferraumklappe geht eigendlich nicht.:confused: Der Abschlepphaken steht da auch drin.

Ja, schraube soll am stecker sein.

Hm, laut StVO müssen die Blinker an einem nicht-beweglichen Teil sein, d.h. Rückfahrscheinwerfer an der Kofferraumklappe geht eigendlich nicht.:confused: Der Abschlepphaken steht da auch drin.
Ja, schraube soll am stecker sein.

He Jungs':) ich habe es geschafft ! Naja, noch nicht alles - aber die Stecker sind alle ab! Morgen will ich versuchen, die entsprechenden Kontakte des Steckers mit dem PlusPol der Battery zu verbinden. Drückt mir bitte die Daumen, dass alles klappt und nicht noich mehr kaputt geht. Morgen kommen auch Fotos, habe den Apparat heute nicht mit dabei. Am Stecker für die Luftregulierung gibt es keine Schrauben. Einen kleinen Pin auf der Rückseite muss man anheben. Auch ein kleiner Pin auf beiden Steckern des ATS-Modules. Wenn man es weiß, ist es relativ einfach :) Heute nur ein Foto des Steckerpins. Morgen dann mehr..
Wichtige Frage noch : muss ich das Plus an den Stecker oder an die Buchse legen ? Ich denke an den Stecker - weil das Modul davor sitzt und alles steuern sollte - richtig ?

Hey guys' :) I've done it! Well, not all - but the plugs are all from! Tomorrow I will try to link the contacts of the connector corresponding to the positive terminal of the battery. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out and does not go noich more broken. Photos come tomorrow, not today have the camera with us. On the connector for the air regulation, there is no screws. A small pin on the back you have to raise. Even a small pin on both plugs of the ATS module. If you know it, it's relatively easy :) Today, only a photo of the connector pins. Morning, then more ..
Important question: I have the plus of the plug or the socket set? I think the plug - because the module before sitting and should control everything - right?

Best regards and many thanks!
Dedalus

Noch eine Frage für den morgigen Ablauf:
1. ich verbinde Pin 30 mit Pluspol der BAtterie - dadurch startet der Kompressor
2. Ich verbinde Pin 14, 15, 16 oder 17 - damit öffne ich die einzelnen Ventile und der Wagen wird auf der entsprechenden Seite angehoben (14 LF, 15 RF, 16 LR, 17 RR)
Ist das richtig ? Ich will nichts kaputt machen. Ich suche für morgen einen dicken Draht, damit gut Strom durchgehen kann.
Müssen die anderen Stecker wieder in den Buchsen sein ?
Dank im voraus
Dedalus

One more question for tomorrow's routine:
1 I connect pin 30 to the positive battery terminal - thus the compressor starts
2 I connect pin 14, 15, 16 or 17 - so I open the individual valves and the car is lifted on the relevant page (14 left, 15 right, 16 LR, RR 17)
Is that right? I will not break anything. I'm looking for a thick wire tomorrow to allow good flow going through.
Others have to be back in the plug sockets?
Thanks in advance
Dedalus

Its to the right of the glove box

Hi slowmkviii.
There are 2 connectors. A light and dark. The plug could be bright gray. On the photo you can only see the dark plug. What is the dark connector? The Grey before sitting in the driving direction (against the dark plugs).
What have I done? :
On the gray connector I put positive voltage on pin 18. Nothing has happened. I have not heard the compressor.
Do I have to pin 30 also show a positive voltage?
Need to contact a constant current or a short pulse?
Must be the dark plug in the module, so that the rest works?

I may have to pin 18 and pin 30 prove positive voltage?
Do I have to let the two positive voltage and then additionally the individual valves (opening pin 14-17)?

The ATS module I removed. The car started anyway. Is that a good thing?
I trust in your help!
best regards
Dedalus

NEW Problem:
Extract from the reconstruction of "The Cure"
RAISING THE VEHICLE
To raise the vehicle, circuit 420 (pin 18 in the gray connector) must be grounded. This tells the compressor relay to turn on the compressor. To let air into the struts, open the associated solenoid (s) while the compressor is running. When the Desired height is reached, close the solenoids ........ read more here: http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/airsuspension2.htm

slowmkviii - I have now put pin 18 to ground or positive contact?
Look here the schematic:
SolenoidSchematic6.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi slowmkviii.
Es gibt 2 Stecker. Einen hellen und einen dunklen. Der helle Stecker könnte grau sein. Auf dem Foto sieht man nur den dunklen Stecker. Wofür ist der dunkle Stecker ? Der Graue sitzt in Fahrrichtung davor (vor dem dunklen Stecker).
Was habe ich gemacht? :
An dem grauen Stecker habe ich auf Pin 18 positive Spannung gelegt. Es ist nichts passiert. Ich habe den Kompressor nicht gehört.
Muss ich Pin 30 auch mit positiver Spannung belegen ?
Brauchen die Kontakte einen Dauerstrom oder nur einen kurzen Impuls?
Muss der dunkle Stecker im Modul sein, damit der Rest funktioniert?

Muss ich eventuell Pin 18 und Pin 30 mit positiver Spannung belegen ?
Muss ich dann die beiden auf positiver Spannung lassen und dann zusätzlich die einzelnen Ventile öffen (Pin 14-17) ?

Das ATS-Modul habe ich entfernt. Das Auto sprang trotzdem an. Ist das gut so ?
Ich vertrau auf eure Hilfe!
Beste Grüße
Dedalus

SolenoidSchematic6.gif

Do you know for a fact your compressor is good
Like ford nut said put power directly to the compressor to make sure
I have never manually pumped one up from the modual only wired in a controller from there.
So I'm probably missing something simple.

Do you know for a fact your compressor is good
Like ford nut said put power directly to the compressor to make sure
I have never manually pumped one up from the modual only wired in a controller from there.

It is the simple way to raise and lower the car.
1st ---12v to any bag solenoid.
2nd---12v to compressor to raise. red/black
or
12v to vent solenoid to lower. blue /white

If it wont lower---That would tell you plugged vent or dryer----pull lines off of dryer, 12v to bag solenoid ---lower car.

Bad compressor?
To fill manually ---rig up a schrader valve to a dryer line --- install dryer line to bag----open bag solenoid with 12v--- use a compressor to fill the bag.
So simple a cave man can do it. :p

SAW-50001-094-1-400.jpg

SAW-50001-094-1-400.jpg

Hi slowmkviii. ich kann nicht sagen, ob der kompressor noch funktioniert. Die letzte Fehlermeldung war damals: "check air ride system". selbst wenn der kompressor kaputt wäre, müsste er doch zumindest einige Töne von sich geben (hoffe ich doch). Pin 32 hatte ich nicht auf Masse gelegt. Das mach ich morgen.Was ist mit Pin 30 ?

Hi slowmkviii. I can not tell if the compressor is still working. The last error message was then: "check air ride system". even if the compressor was broken, but he would have at least some sounds on it's own (I hope). What about pin 30?

Hi ford nut - the caveman thanks you :) Can you send me photo? I do not have much knowledge about the matter. For example, where I install the Schrader valve. Also, where can I switch the solenoid valves - which on the plug? I've now got out. What voltage (positive or negative) I create the colors of the cables? Tomorrow I Zieg the photos of the plug.
I am very happy for any help!
Thank you
Best Regards
Dedalus

Ok here is the compressor with dryer,

PC260002.JPG

Red positive, black negative will make the compressor run if it is good.
Blue positive, white negative will open the vent solenoid at the compressor.

Here is were the compressor mounts.

PC260007.JPG
This is were all the lines go into the dryer " were the orange circles are"
You need to push in the orange circle to access the air lines and pull them off.
Each air line goes to each bag, follow the line to determine what line goes to which bag.
Here is were you can attach a Schrader valve with a larger diameter hose.
Find a piece of hose that slides over the air line and slides over the schrader valve clamp it with some hose clamps.
Gas line hose claps will work.
At the bag solenoid it does not matter which side is positive or negative to get the solenoid to open, you will hear it click when it opens.

PC260002.JPG

PC260007.JPG

Hi ford nut. I thank you for the photos. They are a great help.
1 Is it possible that you give me a photo where it is possible to install a Schrader valve?
2 The compressor with dryer is in the right front wheel well? Is he there in front or behind the axle?
3 What are the dimensions Schader the valves? Then I can purchase on ebay.

Do I have to connect to the connector pin 18 and pin 30 with a positive voltage to the compressor start?

Thanks in advance
Dedalus

Hi ford nut. Ich danke Dir für die Fotos. Sie sind eine große Hilfe.
1. Besteht die Möglichkeit, dass Du mir ein Foto machst, wo es möglich ist, ein Schrader Ventil einzubauen?
2. Der Kompressor mit Trockner ist im rechten vorderen Radkasten ? Ist er da vor oder hinter der Achse ?
3. Welche Maße haben die Schaderventile ? Dann kann ich die über ebay bestellen.

Muss ich an dem Stecker Pin 18 und Pin 30 mit positiver Spannung verbinden, damit der Kompressor startet ?

IMG_2578-k.jpg

Besten Dank im Voraus
Dedalus

IMG_2578-k.jpg

It is the simple way to raise and lower the car.
1st ---12v to any bag solenoid.
2nd---12v to compressor to raise. red/black
or
12v to vent solenoid to lower. blue /white

If it wont lower---That would tell you plugged vent or dryer----pull lines off of dryer, 12v to bag solenoid ---lower car.

Bad compressor?
To fill manually ---rig up a schrader valve to a dryer line --- install dryer line to bag----open bag solenoid with 12v--- use a compressor to fill the bag.
So simple a cave man can do it. :p

View attachment 828462967

Is this the right size? / Wäre das die richtige Größe ?
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=...=aoheUoTlIsOftAa3oIAw&ved=0CD8Q9QEwAg&dur=469

Hi Ford nut. Can this be the air lines here? At least 2 of them?
IMG_2587-k.jpg
best regards
Dedalus

IMG_2587-k.jpg

That should work, you might have to use more then one size diameter hose to got the size stepped down to go over the diameter of the air line hose tightly after you take it off the dryer.
A smaller diameter schrader valve would be better, but any will work with the right hose combination.

okay. tomorrow I will pin 30 and pin 18 to positive evidence. For me today is a 32 pin cable is missing. I bring with me tomorrow. Then I'll see if the compressor is running.
If that does not work, I'll install the Schrader valves.
I thank you all.
best regards
Dedalus

Those are vacuum lines
The rear lines run inside the car on the passenger side
The drivers front goes around the front of the car by the bottom of the core support.

When I Pin 18 and/or pin 30 pin to positive evidence, nothing happens :-(.
Mass is at pin 32. I hear nothing, no click, no blow :-(. Is there a fuse for the compressor?

Hi, :-( post # 67> all bolts (min. 6), I have to dismantle the front wheel.
I can not because I can not get a jack under the car.

I hope Ford nut can understand my drawing. Is that correct?
Schraderventil Einsatz Kopie.jpg
So that I can then inflate each page?

Schraderventil Einsatz.jpg

Schraderventil Einsatz Kopie.jpg

That will work, just keep the hose as short as you can, put the hose clamp were they meet together.
Do this only to raise the vehicle, its only a temporary solution to your problem.
Don't fill the bags over 70 psi, that hose method will only hold up to that number.
You need to get the pump out and see if it works.

hi guys, I built a ramp. Small, but nice. Unfortunately I could not test it today. I'll do that tomorrow. If all goes well, I get off the front and I can just look at the compressor.
I will continue to report.
Best wishes to all
Dedalus

Members online

No members online now.
Back