Was I a target?

EmpireSix

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so this morning I got about 1/4 mile away from my house when i saw my hood bobbing up and down. I pulled over and shut it, but then I started to think.

Did someone try to steal my battery last night? The one time I leave my car unlocked, this happens. Nothing is missing and car runs fine, but would someone really dart out in the middle of the night in 0 degree weather to get a battery? Nothing is missing out of the interior though.

The only other thing I can think of is that when I just got my tires changed, they check fluids under my hood and forgot to close it all the way.. but that doesn't account for me not noticing it for the 5 miles back home.

Odd.. just odd.

That's funny. They were probably dumbfounded when they couldn't find the battery :D

Must be some kind of covert government operation, hmmnn.
...battery in the trunk, huh, ... now I wonder what I've been hooking the battery charger to?

Taliban

I ear that the Taliban need battery to transmit with there radio, big power shortage!

yes.. "I" know where the battery is guys. But to someone who doesnt own an LS, I would think under the hood sounds like a legit place to start.

When I was talking to the guy I bought my car from he was very excited to point out that the battery wasn't in the front. He opens the hood and looks at me asking, "Can you tell me what's missing?" He seemed to think it was so cool that I just played along. Although I didn't know how to get the stupid plastic plugs out, I did know where the battery was.

i get ppl laughing when i have to back into them to give them a jump...if and when they do that i just say ":q:q:q:q YOu" then drive off....they're the dumbass who :q:q:q:qed their battery up....I was just being nice :p

same thing happened to me one time I got my car back from the valet at a wedding and the hood wasnt closed all the way, how its supposed to be, the guy told me that he didnt opened the hood for nothing, nothing was missing very strange thing, also another time I was driving and took a very little bump then the hood where up and down and I had to stop to close it all the way, so I say is the clip that holds the hood the one that does not click all the way or maybe its so weak that any vibration can open it up

The hood release can be confused with the e-brake release on the 2nd gen.

You do know the battery is in the damn trunk next to the spare, right?

I remember when I was trying to help someone jump their car I was like "WTF?,,NO BATTERY?" haha had to open the manual to find it in the trunk, great location if u ask me, then again u never know crackheads:shifty:

same thing goes for the dipsticks...they really made these LS's a uncommon car......too bad ford doesn't wanna make any more rwd sedans....that'll make our vehicles collectors...especially since it only existyed for 6+years...

What? My e-brake is in the center console, the hood release is under the steering wheel. Explain yourself!

Very common for automobiles to have pull e-brake release at the bottom of the driver’s side dash associated with a left foot pedal. As stated in this thread, people other than the owner, not seeing an e-brake pull handle on the center console can confuse the hood release for a brake release and pull it.

Very common for automobiles to have pull e-brake release at the bottom of the driver’s side dash associated with a left foot pedal. As stated in this thread, people other than the owner, not seeing an e-brake pull handle on the center console can confuse the hood release for a brake release and pull it.

Especially when it says "Parking brake on" on the message center and they're looking around for something that looks like a parking brake release :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back