Warranty

Amoxi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What's your experiences been with loaner/rentals from the dealership for your Lincolns? The reason I ask is because today I took my LS in for the infamous bad coils and they stuck me in a Focus. I asked for something better and they said it wasn't covered under waranty for anything more than a compact. Now back when I still had a waranty on my Cadillac CTS, they'd give me another Cadillac if possible (I've been loaned an STS and a DTS) or the closest thing they had. Are my expectations of Lincoln doing the same unrealistic? I'm not the least bit happy at the moment having to go pick up family from the airport in a compact and if this is any preview to the level of service I can expect then there's no way I'm trading in my CTS for a Navigator a month from now. I'm going back to Caddy for an Escalade.

I have had warranty work performed about 4 times in the past 2 years. Each time I got a free rental, but always it was an econobox.

I never asked for better so don't know what would have happened, but the one rental place that Lincoln used for 3 out of the 4 times told me they only give out econo boxes to that dealer's customers. The customers of the Mercedes place, where the rental place stored their cars, got Benz's.

A different experience but similar, I had some minor body work done which was covered by the other guy's insurance. When I took the car in they got me a loaner but I was told I could only get such and such class car. I. E. I got better than an econobox but not the same level as the Lincoln.

I am guessing it all depends on the dealer and what kind of allowance they are given by the manufacturer to cover rentals.

Just my experience,

Jim Henderson

I've had a Focus, a Taurus, a Mustang, a Five Hundred, and a Town Car as loaners on my various service calls. The service advisor who handles my car said that she tells the business office to try and get her customers into cars similar to what they drive; since the LS is a mid-size sedan, I normally wind up with a Taurus.

FWIW, she was very apologetic when I drove up in the Focus (even though I had told the lady in the office that a Focus was OK with me--I'd never driven one before); maybe it was coincidence, but on my next visit, I got a Town Car as a loaner. :D

One dealer I got a Taurus
Another dealer I got 2 Chevy Cobalt's & 1 Focus. This dealer gave me a choice to upgrade to an F-150 or Taurus for an additional fee. I declined. This rental / loaner program was ran by Enterprise.

Tell them. I always get surveys after I get warranty work done. Let them know that you are disappointed and it will affect your next purchase.
FWIW I got a Taurus, but I had to ask for a car for my wife. Otherwise it would have been shuttle service.

It is all about the dealer. I recently had my '03 in for the leaking valve cover gaskets under the Lincoln CPO exteneded warranty. I asked for a loaner and the service manager called the local Enterprise Rental center and then told me to go down and pick out what I wanted. I got an 07 4Runner with 3400 miles on it. :) Kept it the 3 days until my LS was repaired. No complaints from me.

I had a Lancer, Focus, F-150, dodge magnum, Ram, and a Aviator (out of warranty already but they gave it to me for a week, they didn't have parts availabl) as loaners.

I guess depends on the dealer or their availability

Each time I had work done on my LS from a dealer I was given a LS or a Lincoln Town Car. Dealer was Nick Mayer Lincoln in Westlake, OH.

Milan, Montego (twice), Grand Marquis. All base models with cloth seats, crappy stereo, etc. They have 2 Town Cars and an LS for loaners, but it's first come first serve.

Members online

No members online now.
Back