warranty on coil on plugs

On the 2003 to 2005 LS, they are warranted for 10 years or 100K miles.

As a replacement part that you put in, probably only 30 days (OEM from Ford).

As a replacement part that a dealer put in, the above period, or one year whichever is greater. (I think, but I don't know for sure.)

On the 2003 to 2005 LS, they are warranted for 10 years or 100K miles.

As a replacement part that you put in, probably only 30 days (OEM from Ford).

As a replacement part that a dealer put in, the above period, or one year whichever is greater. (I think, but I don't know for sure.)

This is only 2nd gen V8's right? If not, Ford is about to get a very angry caller.

This is only 2nd gen V8's right? If not, Ford is about to get a very angry caller.

I'm sure that will scare them....

2003-2006 are the second generation LSes, so yes, the warranty is only on the second generations.

This is good to kno, I had my ls for 2 months and now I felt 3 miafires so far but no cel. Will they replace all of them??

I'm sure that will scare them....

2003-2006 are the second generation LSes, so yes, the warranty is only on the second generations.

haha I know they won't give a s.h.i.t. about me or my potty mouth. I asked because I have a V6 with many COP problems not a V8...

There is no check engine light and when I put it on a scan tool i cant get it to missfire so how will they kno which ones are bad

I'm assuming you have a first gen.. your going to have to take them off and bring them to them.. Idk what they'll do.. probably just issue replacements..

Stress test
Word, but from what I've read here on how this process works, that alone may take some convincing to get them to do.

If they detect problematic coils during the stress test, then the warranty would be honored (assuming the vehicle meets the requirements). If not, you pay whatever it costs for them to perform the stress test.

Someone correct me if I understood that incorrectly.

As in my case, they will first hook it up to a scanner (CEL or no CEL).

If there are no codes, then they will likely stress-test (as in my case). I had no codes, just an intermittently rough idle. Good luck.

Word, but from what I've read here on how this process works, that alone may take some convincing to get them to do.

If they detect problematic coils during the stress test, then the warranty would be honored (assuming the vehicle meets the requirements). If not, you pay whatever it costs for them to perform the stress test.

Someone correct me if I understood that incorrectly.

You're correct.

Members online

No members online now.
Back