Warranty expires in a week

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm about 200 miles away from 36k. I'm gonna take it in this saturday for an oil change and just wanted to know if there is anything else I should do or tell them since this is gonna be my last chance. I really haven't had any problems with the car, but every once in a while my auto windows don't work.

I'm gonna mention that to them even though they probably won't be able to make it happen for themselves. Anything else I should have them check out or any other advice?

Have the window issue written up on a trouble ticket when you drop it off. If this is listed as a problem before the warranty is up, they should fix it under warranty if it occurs anytime soon. This is not uncommon at all.

Also, you will want to hold onto your copy of the paperwork showing that you reported this as a problem. Dealers have been known to "lose" these records.

You can only ask them to fix things that are broken/malfunctioning now, not things that might go wrong. If the windows are the only problem, that's all you can have them fix.

You definitely want that recorded in the car's service history, though, so when it goes belly up after the expiration, you'll have a chance of getting Lincoln to fix it.

Sell it before the repairs come out of YOUR pocket. Trust me. I learned that lesson, one broken clockspring, one broken rear window regulator, one non-functional heated seat, one broken ball joint, two valve cover ga$kets, two wheel bearings, three coil-on-plugs, and ONE ENGINE later...

Can you extend your warranty?

I think most of our troubles start to hit around the 60k mile mark.

At 36k, the dealership will more than likely not find anything to be repaired under warranty that you haven't already gotten fixed.

Black03, why does your warranty end at 36K? The factory covers until 4yr/50K and since you have a 03, this would be the last year of your coverage. Is it an aftermarket warranty?

I technically bought my car as used and this is what they told me. My car was bought by my local Lincoln dealer from a Lincoln dealer that went out of business over in NM. They drove it back and sold it as used with just under 1000 miles on it. I bought it in Dec of 04. I will ask again when i go in there but they told me 36k at the time.

Black03, why does your warranty end at 36K? The factory covers until 4yr/50K and since you have a 03, this would be the last year of your coverage. Is it an aftermarket warranty?

I agree. I am fairly certain the factory warranty for all year LS's was 4yr/50K
I had warranty service done on mine right up till the 50k mark. You should check your in-service date though. You may have already passed your 4yr mark. Good luck.

No matter if you bought it used, the warranty is transferrable so you should get 4yr/50K from the original in-service date.

The factory warranty on all LSes sold in the US is 4 years/50,000 miles, whichever comes first. 3/36K is standard on Fords and Mercs, but not on Lincolns. We's spay-shul. :D

With an '03, you have to be close to the end of the time limit on the warranty, though (if there's still any left)--it ends four years after the car's "In Service" date. Lincoln Customer Service should be able to tell you when that clock runs out.

Edit: If you're interested in buying a Ford ESP warranty, you need to do it before the 4 year/50K mile factory bumper-to-bumper warranty expires. Once that's gone, you can't buy a Ford ESP warranty.

HELLO..... Does anyone ever read that book inside the glove box???:rolleyes:

It's called an "Owners Manual"..... maybe you've heard of it.:D

In 2003, the LS has a thing called "Complimentary Maintenance"! It covers all scheduled maintenance (ie. free oil & filter changes) for 3 years/36,000 miles. That's what is running out on Black03's LS. The factory "Warranty" is good for 4 years/50,000 miles.

Enjoy

That must have been what the guy was referring to when I asked about the warranty. I knew this was going to be my last free maintenance appt. I just had the car in about a month ago for a warranty issue so it hasn't hit the 4 year limit yet. I'll check for sure when I go in though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back