WARNING GRAPHIC video cash for clunkers

These cars both look like they would easily be sold for more than $4500. Such a shame that these cars are just going to waste, I could think of a million better uses for these cars even if it was just a demolition derby car. If obama was smart he wouldve set the program up so that the government could sell the cars to generate back some of the $3 billion. I could never do that to my LS.

its just amazing to me that the gov't is funding a program that takes drivable cars off the road. it wouldnt have anything to do with them owning over half of "the new GM" now would it?:rolleyes:

its a shame, that car would sell for over 4500 dollars without trouble... those volvos run a long time, too... to see it wasted like that is just sickening.

Remember who voted for this bill and vote them out of office.

Begich (D) Yes;
Lincoln (D) Yes;
Pryor (D) Yes.
Boxer (D) Yes;
Feinstein (D) Yes.
Bennet (D) Yes;
Udall (D) Yes.
Dodd (D) Yes;
Lieberman (I) Yes.
Carper (D) Yes;
Kaufman (D) Yes.
Nelson (D) Yes.
Akaka (D) Yes;
Inouye (D) Yes.
Burris (D) Yes;
Durbin (D) Yes.
Bayh (D) Yes;
Harkin (D) Yes.
Landrieu (D) Yes;
Collins (R) Yes;
Cardin (D) Yes;
Mikulski (D) Yes.
Kerry (D) Yes.
Levin (D) Yes;
Stabenow (D) Yes.
Klobuchar (D) Yes.
Cochran (R) Yes;
Bond (R) Yes;
McCaskill (D) Yes.
Baucus (D) Yes;
Tester (D) Yes.
Reid (D) Yes.
Shaheen (D) Yes.
Lautenberg (D) Yes;
Menendez (D) Yes.
Bingaman (D) Yes;
Udall (D) Yes.
Gillibrand (D) Yes;
Schumer (D) Yes.
Hagan (D) Yes.
Conrad (D) Yes;
Dorgan (D) Yes.
Brown (D) Yes;
Voinovich (R) Yes.
Merkley (D) Yes;
Wyden (D) Yes.
Casey (D) Yes;
Specter (D) Yes.
Reed (D) Yes;
Whitehouse (D) Yes.
Johnson (D) Yes;
Leahy (D) Yes;
Sanders (I) Yes.
Warner (D) Yes;
Webb (D) Yes.
Cantwell (D) Yes;
Murray (D) Yes.
Rockefeller (D) Yes.
Feingold (D) Yes;
Kohl (D) Yes.

People need to be happy with what they have, the government may offer you 4500 for your trade, but what are they offering on your note, when it all boils down, the program wouldn't work if these dumb people weren't trading in there sometimes perfectly good cars.

does anyone remember the prolong commercial where they took off the oil pan off a motor and dumped sand in it and it kept running I would like to see how will it works with this way of killing a motor

A GM tech on another forum I frequent said they drained the oil and filled the crankcase with a mixture of sand and water, and the 4.6L in an F150 made it 13 minutes before giving up the ghost.

What an absolutely sickening waste of resources. And the best part is I'm helping to pay for it. Grrr.

so stupied i understand if its a real P.O.S but a good running car sick i would rather keep my old good running car as a back or beater before i send it to the clunker

well the sad thing is that car is probably not a clunker there is no way that thing gets less then 18 miles per gallon the mark 8 gets 20 so it is not eligible how are these people trading in cars with smaller engines

The ultimate goal is to get us driving Priuses and to get the gas guzzlers off the road.

I'll drive my Mark until I have to tow it, if just to offer the central digit of my right hand toward this Administration.

its a shame, that car would sell for over 4500 dollars without trouble... those volvos run a long time, too... to see it wasted like that is just sickening.

I'm shocked it even qualified

well the sad thing is that car is probably not a clunker there is no way that thing gets less then 18 miles per gallon the mark 8 gets 20 so it is not eligible how are these people trading in cars with smaller engines

I dont think that its a set mpg but the car you are getting has to get somthing like 10mpg better than the old one but I am not sure

I know my truck qualified for 4500, but then again my truck is a POS and needs to be taken off the road (but not today:D).

Members online

No members online now.
Back