War on terror called failure

97silverlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
War on terror called failure
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...4&call_pagepath=News/World&pubid=968163964505
Another 9/11 `inevitable,' experts conclude
Washington's diplomatic efforts rated 1.8 out of 10
Jun. 15, 2006. 01:00 AM
LYNDA HURST
FEATURE WRITER

Washington is failing to make progress in the global war on terror and the next 9/11-style attack is not a question of if, but when. That is the scathing conclusion of a survey of 100 leading American foreign-policy analysts.

In its first "Terrorism Index," released yesterday, the influential journal Foreign Affairs found surprising consensus among the bipartisan experts.

Some 86 per cent of them said the world has grown more, not less, dangerous, despite President George W. Bush's claims that the U.S. is winning the war on terror.

The main reasons for the decline in security, they said, were the war in Iraq, the detention of terror suspects in Guantanamo Bay, U.S. policy towards Iran and U.S. energy policy.

The survey's participants included an ex-secretary of state and former heads of the Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, along with prominent members of the U.S. foreign-policy establishment.

The majority served in previous administrations or in senior military ranks.

"When you strip away the politics, the experts, almost to a person, are very worried about the administration," says Joe Cirincione, vice-president of the Center for American Progress, the Washington think-tank which co-sponsored the survey.

"They think none of our front-line institutions is doing a good job and that Iraq has made the terror situation much worse."

The findings will be picked up immediately by politicians and policy-makers, he adds: "Just about any one of these people saying this would make news. When the opinions come together, it really carries weight."

Almost 80 per cent of the analysts said widespread rejection of radical Islamic ideologies is crucial if terrorism is to be eradicated, but that goal requires "a much higher emphasis on its non-military tools."

Across the board, they rated Washington's diplomatic efforts as abysmal, with a median score of 1.8 out of 10.

62% of those polled identify Saudi Arabia as the premier incubator for terrorists
More than two-thirds said the United Nations and other multilateral institutions must be strengthened.

In the survey's accompanying report, Leslie Gelb, president emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations, said policy analysts have never been in such agreement. \

"The reason is that it's clear to nearly all that Bush and his team have had a totally unrealistic view of what they can accomplish with military force and threats of force."

Some 82 per cent of participants said a pressing priority for the U.S. is to end its dependence on foreign oil.

"We borrow a billion dollars every working day to import oil, an increasing share of it coming from the Middle East," commented former CIA director James Woolsey.

"In Saudi Arabia, billions are transferred to the Wahhabis and like-minded groups who then indoctrinate young people to hate Shiites, Sufis, Jews, Christians and democracy, and to oppress women horribly."

The analysts were also highly critical of the U.S.'s intelligence and national-security apparatus.

The Department of Homeland Security, created in the aftermath of 9/11, was rated for effectiveness at only 2.9 out of 10. Changes in the intelligence structure were assessed at "poor to fair," with one participant noting that reform "in most cases has produced new levels of bureaucracy in an already overly bureaucratic system."

Almost 62 per cent identified Saudi Arabia as the premier incubator for terrorists.

It has helped halt the flow of money to terrorist networks and now has 30,000 troops guarding its oil fields, but Saudi leaders have been slow to move against extremist elements inside the country, says the report.

Asked what presents the single greatest danger to American security, nearly half the analysts said loose nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction. Only 4 per cent said Iran.

Cirincione says the fact that so few experts think Iran is a threat and so many regard Iraq as a mistake "turns the administration's policies on their head."

First of all, we are NOT going to lose the war on terror, despite the great desire for all you America-haters for us to cut and run.

Secondly, if we ever did lose, it would be because of the American Left, who don't support the troops, aren't patriotic, and want to weaken every measure of protection the Administration tries to put in place to protect our country.

Finally, you still have no credibility with posting articles, Phil, thanks to your HIGHLY DISCREDITED (false)truthout.org column, which you still haven't admitted was a crock of you-know-what.

The War on Terror is an on going war that can not be won by a single Battle, or in a year or two. It will take dedication and perserverance to wn this war. To fall back now will give the Terrorist enemy time to regroup the pressure must be kept as hot as it can be, DO NOT/FONT]Give the enemy time to rest and regroup!!!!!!!!

You go ahead and cut and run, Phil. We know you want the terrorists to win.

Associated Press
Post-al-Zarqawi Raids Kill 104 Insurgents
By KIM GAMEL , 06.15.2006, 11:06 AM

U.S. and Iraqi forces killed 104 insurgents in hundreds of raids since terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was slain last week, and the American death toll in the war in Iraq hit 2,500, the U.S. military said Thursday.

Even as the Iraqi government released a document found in al-Zarqawi's hideout that appeared to show the insurgency was weakening, new violence erupted. Gunmen shot and killed 10 Shiites in Baqouba, northeast of Baghdad.

U.S. officials also identified the man claiming to have succeeded al-Zarqawi as head of the al-Qaida in Iraq terrorist group as Abu Ayyub al-Masri, an Egyptian with ties to al-Qaida.

American and Iraqi forces have carried out 452 raids since the June 7 airstrike on al-Zarqawi, and 104 insurgents were killed in those actions, said U.S. military spokesman Maj. Gen. William Caldwell.

The nationwide raids led to the discovery of 28 significant arms caches, Caldwell said.

He said 255 of the raids were joint operations, while 143 were carried out by Iraqi forces alone. The raids also resulted in the captures of 759 "anti-Iraqi elements."

The Pentagon's announcement that 2,500 U.S. troops had died since the war in Iraq began more than three years ago did not include any details on when the grim milestone was reached.

The grim milestone underscored the continuing violence in Iraq, just as an upbeat President Bush returned Wednesday from Baghdad and refused to give a timetable or benchmark for success that would allow the 132,000 U.S. troops to come home.

According to the Pentagon totals, 1,972 service members have been killed in action in Iraq, and another 528 died from other non-hostile causes. There also have been 18,490 troops wounded in action, including 8,501 who did not return to duty.

The 10 Iraqi men killed Thursday were pulled off a bus in Baqouba near where al-Zarqawi was killed. The 10 men - nine workers at the city's industrial area and the driver - were between the ages of 20 and 45 and were heading back to their homes, a police officer said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

The workers included three brothers and six other relatives. The gunmen sped away in two black sedans, the officer said.

Caldwell said al-Zarqawi's successor apparently is the same person as a man identified by the nom de guerre Abu Hamza al-Muhajer who has claimed to have succeeded al-Zarqawi and vowed to avenge him in threatening Web statements in recent days.

The Afghanistan-trained Al-Masri, an explosives expert, was a key figure in the al-Qaida in Iraq network and was long responsible for facilitating the movement of foreign fighters from Syria into Baghdad, Caldwell said at a news conference.

Al-Masri has been a terrorist since 1982, "beginning with his involvement in the Egyptian Islamic Jihad," which was led by Osama bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, Caldwell said.

Authorities said a document found in al-Zarqawi's hideout that includes a blueprint for trying to foment a war between the United States and Iran and also appears to show that the insurgency in Iraq is weakening.

The document said the insurgency was being hurt by the U.S. military's program to train Iraqi security forces, by massive arrests and seizures of weapons, by tightening the militants' financial outlets, and by creating divisions within its ranks.
"Generally speaking and despite the gloomy present situation, we find that the best solution in order to get out of this crisis is to involve the U.S. forces in waging a war against another country or any hostile groups," the document said.

"We mean specifically attempting to escalate the tension between America and Iran, and American and the Shiite in Iraq," it quoted the documents as saying, especially among moderate followers of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the most influential Shiite cleric in Iraq.

The document's authenticity could not be independently verified. [but neither could any of Phil's articles]

National Security Adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie called it "the beginning of the end of al-Qaida in Iraq."

"Now we have the upper hand," he said at a news conference in Baghdad. "We feel that we know their locations, the names of their leaders, their whereabouts, their movements, through the documents we found during the last few days."

Baghdad was in the second day of a huge security crackdown involving 75,000 Iraqi army and police forces backed by U.S. forces. It includes a curfew extended by 4 1/2 hours - from 8:30 p.m. until dawn - a weapons ban, and the frisking of motorists at checkpoints around the capital. The government did not say how long the crackdown would last.

Operation Forward Together began Wednesday - one day after Bush visited Baghdad to reassure Iraqis of Washington's continued support and exactly a week after al-Zarqawi's death in a U.S. airstrike.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has promised the crackdown would not target any ethnic or sectarian group.

Gunmen killed an engineer and kidnapped another, and a detergent factory worker was shot to death as he was headed to work elsewhere in western Baghdad, police said, but no major violence was reported in the capital, a day after al-Maliki's major security operation was launched.

Elsewhere, however, gunmen stormed a Sunni mosque near Tikrit, killing four people and wounding 15, including a fundamentalist Sunni cleric who has spoken out against the killing of Iraqis as part of the insurgency.

Al-Maliki opened the door Wednesday for talks with insurgents opposed to the country's political process as part of a national reconciliation initiative, but he said any negotiations would exclude terrorist groups. The plan could include a pardon for some prisoners.

Deputy Justice Minister Busho Ibrahim said 421 Iraqi prisoners were released from U.S. detetntion centers in Iraq on Thursday, the latest batch of a total of 2,500 to be freed this month as part of al-Maliki's national reconciliation efforts.

What a bunch of pantywaisted pussies around here. We're loosing the war on terror, Bush is doing a chitty job, Pelosi is the bomb.

Here's one for you. Ease over to the bar (yeah, the one where teddy is) and get a nice warm glass of STFU. Then go kill someone in a car accident while driving drunk, run away and blame someone else. It couldn't be your fault if you're a commie liberal:shifty:

stang99x said:
What a bunch of pantywaisted pussies around here. We're loosing the war on terror, Bush is doing a chitty job, Pelosi is the bomb.

Here's one for you. Ease over to the bar (yeah, the one where teddy is) and get a nice warm glass of STFU. Then go kill someone in a car accident while driving drunk, run away and blame someone else. It couldn't be your fault if you're a commie liberal:shifty:

Fossten, is this really you? Maybe an alter ego? Your id run loose? The dark(er) half?

Haha,

Let me run an IP address check. LOL.

You are on the money there stang99x!

Why we would choose to fight a war and not do everything to win it is beyond my comprehension capabilities. That must be where that superior liberal intellect comes into play. Maybe if I take more vitamin b's or something.

95DevilleNS said:
Fossten, is this really you? Maybe an alter ego? Your id run loose? The dark(er) half?

Unfortunately I did not have the honor of posting such a hard-hitting, accurate post...this time.

Way to go, stang99x.

No I ain't fossten. I'm the guy whose willing to stand up and take the bunch of idiots in this country head on to prove a point. I'll do things like Arnold and call you all political girlie men then laugh in you're face when you get all sour about it. And god forbid the day comes when we are attacked by an enemy here on our own soil, I am the guy with the guns thats going to leave you to negotiate with that bullet thats coming for your head. Then, when you turn crying to me for help, I'll be the one that has to save your sorry, good for nothing azz so that later you can tell the media how I murdered the guy who was trying to negotiate with you for the surrender of the US.

I've got your peacemaker right here, manufactuered in the USA under the name COLT.

fossten said:
First of all, we are NOT going to lose the war on terror, despite the great desire for all you America-haters for us to cut and run.

Secondly, if we ever did lose, it would be because of the American Left, who don't support the troops, aren't patriotic, and want to weaken every measure of protection the Administration tries to put in place to protect our country.

Finally, you still have no credibility with posting articles, Phil, thanks to your HIGHLY DISCREDITED (false)truthout.org column, which you still haven't admitted was a crock of you-know-what.
We've already lost the "war on terror"...terrorism is the only type of warfare that is both 100% effective and 100% ineffective at the same time.

Terrorism is always 100% effective at creating terror...and it has in the US. I just spent more time traveling than I should have to because I now have to plan for up to two hours of interrogation and searches every time I enter an airport. I also now have to get a passport to go between countries on our same continent (something that has never been necessary in my lifetime) because of terrorism.

Terrorism is 100% ineffective at achieving its goals. No group has ever made progress on its goals by committing a terrorist act.

We lost the war on terror the day we let terrorism change out lives, and there is no way to win that war...life will always be different, because there will always be terrorists.

raVeneyes said:
We lost the war on terror the day we let terrorism change out lives, and there is no way to win that war...life will always be different, because there will always be terrorists.

Eradicate the Muslims and 99% of Terrorism stops. Islam is the true enemy of not only America, but the world.

The only way to lose the War on Terror is to loosen up the pressure on the terrorist, as long as we keep the pressure on we will win the war on terror.

raVeneyes said:
Terrorism is always 100% effective at creating terror...

Thanks Captain obvious...

I just spent more time traveling than I should have to because I now have to plan for up to two hours of interrogation and searches every time I enter an airport. I also now have to get a passport to go between countries on our same continent (something that has never been necessary in my lifetime) because of terrorism.

Something that we should have been doing for quite some time.

Terrorism is 100% ineffective at achieving its goals. No group has ever made progress on its goals by committing a terrorist act.

Actually terrorism was quite effective in swaying French political resolve during the Algerian War for Independence. Terrorism has also acheived some of the goals of the PLO when they were offically recognized as a political party and not a terrorist group. The IRA was successful in it's terror campaign by acheiving independence from Great Britain...

biglou71 said:
Eradicate the Muslims and 99% of Terrorism stops. Islam is the true enemy of not only America, but the world.
That is bigoted racist bull sh!t.

Get a life a55wipe.

At best radical muslims make up 25% of the muslim population as a whole and Islam is no different than Christianity as far as an enemy of the world.

Ever heard of Timothy McVeigh ... MORON!

It's moronic attitudes like yours that have caused this war, not some poor bastard in the middle of the desert who's trying to figure out why his whole family was just killed.

FreeFaller said:
Actually terrorism was quite effective in swaying French political resolve during the Algerian War for Independence. Terrorism has also acheived some of the goals of the PLO when they were offically recognized as a political party and not a terrorist group. The IRA was successful in it's terror campaign by acheiving independence from Great Britain...
it is only once terrorism campaigns stop that terrorist groups start to gain the support necessary to win their point. So long as a terrorist campaign is active the terrorist group consistently loses support on both sides...and that goes for any terrorist campaign.

raVeneyes said:

Get a life a55wipe.

At best radical muslims make up 25% of the muslim population as a whole and Islam is no different than Christianity as far as an enemy of the world.

It's moronic attitudes like yours that have caused this war, not some poor bastard in the middle of the desert who's trying to figure out why his whole family was just killed.

Wow! I missed that post! That is an extreme point of view. I have had the great pleasure of meeting and working with many muslims throughout my life and radical muslims are by far the exception and not the rule. Freedom and education are our greatest weapons over in that part of the world. A weapon that we are trying our best to utilize. Advocating the genocide of a billion plus people is likely to create more extremists than it would eliminate or deter.

raVeneyes said:

Get a life a55wipe.

No, If I said all Arabs should be killed that would be racist. At worst you could call me a religionist.

Learn a new word Liberal swine.

25% of 1 Billion is 250 Million Terrorist. The Koran tells its followers to Kill or enslave all who do not worship ahalah, and a good percentage of them follow that word for word. Last time I checked christians weren't engaged in terrorism around the world.

Sure, I have heard of Timothy McVeigh, and I don't recall he screaming "For Jesus" before he blew up the building in OKC. Muslims do if for thier "god" McVeigh did it out of a grudge against his government.

This war started the 1960's in Munich Germany. However, we in the United States have chosen to hide our heads in the sand until 9-11-01. It is us or them. I choose us, you obviously, choose them.

raVeneyes said:
it is only once terrorism campaigns stop that terrorist groups start to gain the support necessary to win their point. So long as a terrorist campaign is active the terrorist group consistently loses support on both sides...and that goes for any terrorist campaign.

It is true that the cessation of hostilites lends an air of credibility to a cause; however without the terror campaign would the offer of a seat at the table have ever even been given?

Of note it should be said that while terrorism (defined as the unrestricted assault on civilian targets) is an abomination. There is a difference between attempting to acheive independence through terror tactics and simply trying to cause enough chaos to allow a vaccum of power that madmen would fill.

The terrorists that we deal with today do not want independence. They do not want freedom. They do not want to have a good job, raise their family and be provided the peace that would allow them to do so. They are only interested in grabbing up as much power as they can...and they will murder anybody, including their own people, in order to acheive it.

Make no mistake. We are the good guys. We provide more stability, security and assistance than any other nation or group in the history of mankind. While we may at times have political or economic reasons that drive our actions, there is no other country on this planet that wants to see people free like the USA.

Also...let's ease up on the name calling. There's no reason to make this personal.

Each of our opinions is equally important...the "yin" to the others "yang" if you will. The duality of beliefs in this country is what makes it great and keeps one extremist voice from making all the noise.

To my point. Here is a list of all Islamic Terroist attacks in the month of June. I removed the ones in Iraq, as I know all Libs will not count those anyway, since they concider those our fault.

6/26/06 Pakistan North Waziristan 6 5 A Fedayeen suicide bomber plows into a checkpoint, taking the lives of six Pakistanis.
6/25/06 Pakistan Karachi 2 0 Muslims gun down two civilians in a suspected sectarian attack.
6/25/06 India Tral 1 0 The Mujahideen kidnap a policeman and then torture and execute him.

6/24/06 India Srinigar 1 9 An Islamic militant tosses a grenade into a crowded street crossing.
6/24/06 India Palhalan 1 1 A 12-year-old boy is killed in a Mujahideen ambush.
6/24/06 Afghanistan Khost 1 0 Religious extremists kill a policeman as he is driving to work.

6/23/06 Afghanistan Zabul 4 0 The Taliban kidnap four civilians and then cut off their heads.
6/23/06 Philippines Shariff Aguak 6 9 Six shoppers are blown to bits when Filipino Muslims set off a bomb at a crowded market.
6/23/06 India Lal Chowk 1 0 Islamists murder a police officer on a city street in the capital.

6/23/06 Somalia Mogadishu 1 0 A Swedish journalist attending an Islamic rally is shot fatally in the chest.
6/22/06 India Rajpura 1 0 A civilian is killed in his home by the Mujahideen.

6/22/06 India Sopore 2 20 Muslim militants hurl a grenade at the house of a religious rival, killing a woman and a child, and injuring twenty others.
6/21/06 Dagestan Khasavyurt 2 0 Two policemen sitting in a car are slaughtered in a brutal shooting attack at a traffic stop.
6/21/06 Algeria Bouira 6 3 Islamic fundamentalists ambush a security patrol, killing six individuals.
6/21/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 1 7 A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills a civilian and injures seven others.
6/21/06 Pakistan Bannu 3 1 Three Pakistan policemen on patrol are murdered by al-Qaeda backed terrorists.

6/20/06 India Aaora Missipora 1 0 A political activist is shot to death by the Mujahideen.
6/20/06 Algeria Blida 5 0 Five farmers are murdered by Islamic fundamentalists in a gruesome knife attack.
6/19/06 Pakistan Wana 1 0 Militant Muslims assassinate a tribal chief.
6/19/06 India Tangmarg 1 0 A civilian is abducted and murdered by the Mujahideen.

6/19/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 4 0 Four members of a construction company are killed when religious extremists attack their vehicle.

6/18/06 Thailand Pattani 1 2 An 88-year-old woman is murdered when Islamists open up on a crowd with automatic weapons.
6/18/06 Afghanistan Helmand 32 14 Some thirty members of the same family are massacred by the Taliban.
6/18/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 48-year-old man out for a Sunday drive is shot to death by Islamists.

6/17/06 Iraq Baghdad 23 52 Two suicidal Sunnis slaughter dozens in separate attacks at traffic checkpoints.
6/17/06 Thailand Yala 1 2 Islamists bomb a karaoke bar, killing one patron.

6/16/06 Pakistan Orakzai 4 0 Two girls under the age of 5 are slaughtered along with two women working for an NGO by Muslim gunmen who broke into their home in the middle of the night.
6/16/06 India Kashmir 2 0 Two civilians are murdered by militant Muslims in separate attacks.

6/16/06 India Bandipore 2 3 The Mujahideen stages a grenade attack along a city street, killing two civilians.
6/16/06 Pakistan Muzzafargarh 1 0 A man accussed of blasphemy is knifed to death by two religious men outside a courtroom.
6/15/06 Pakistan Karachi 5 6 Militants ambush a car carrying policemen on a city street, killing five people.

6/15/06 Thailand Pattani 1 6 A man is killed by Muslim bombers targeting a city hall.
6/15/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 10 16 Religious extremists bomb a minibus carrying laborers, killing at least ten people.
6/15/06 Algeria Gouraya 10 0 Two people are beheaded by Islamic fundamentalists, who also kill seven other persons in separate attacks.
6/15/06 India Dunga 1 13 Two brothers are brutally tortured by Islamists, who cut off their tongues, noses and ears. A 65-year-old man is also shot to death.
6/15/06 Pakistan Mir Ali 1 0 A journalist who was abducted six months earlier is executed by Islamists while in handcuffs.
6/15/06 India Srundoo 1 0 The Mujahideen gun down a civilian.

6/15/06 Thailand Pattani 1 10 Islamists bomb a tea shop, killing a Buddhist patron. Just one of 41 bombs set that morning.
6/14/06 India Bandipore 2 0 Two civilians are gunned down by the Mujahideen.
6/14/06 India Sopore 1 0 A man is murdered by Islamic terrorists.
6/14/06 Pakistan Thabi 1 0 A man is kidnapped and beheaded by local Taliban.

6/13/06 Algeria Skikda 1 3 A bomb attack by Islamic fundamentalists kills an Algerian soldier.
6/13/06 India Anantnag 1 0 The Mujahideen abduct a civilian, murder him and then toss his body in a stream.
6/12/06 Afghanistan Ghazni 1 1 Religious extremists attack a private truck convoy, killing one of the drivers.
6/12/06 Afghanistan Paktia 2 5 Two passengers in a car are killed and five injured when the Taliban place a bomb under a bridge.

6/12/06 India Sopore 3 0 Three people are killed in two separate Islamic grenade attacks.
6/12/06 India Budora 1 0 A newly recruited soldier, home on leave, is abducted, tortured and beheaded by the Mujahideen.
6/12/06 India Kulgam 8 5 Hibul Mujahideen massacre eight migrant laborers.

6/12/06 Pakistan Quetta 5 17 A bomb attached to a bicycle kill five people, including a woman and a child.

6/12/06 India Jammu 1 22 Hindu pilgrims at a busstop are the targets of a grenade attack by Islamic militants.
6/11/06 Israel Jerusalem 1 4 Palestinian gunmen fire on a car carrying Israelis, killing a 35-year-old father.

6/11/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A young man is murdered by Islamic extremists outside a mosque.
6/11/06 Chechnya Niki-Khita 1 1 A Jihad ambush kills one Russian and injures another.
6/11/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 4 0 Four road workers are murdered by the Taliban.
6/11/06 Algeria Skikda 1 3 Fundamentalists capture a civilian and cut his throat on video.

6/9/06 Pakistan Wana 1 4 An 18-year-old farm worker is killed in a landmine attack.
6/9/06 Ingushetia Ordzhonikidzevskaya 6 0 Three young children are among six killed in a targeted Jihad ambush on a vehicle.
6/9/06 Ingushetia Karabulak 1 0 A woman is gunned down by Muslim radicals.

6/8/06 Thailand Narathiwat 5 3 Five policemen are blown to bits by militant Muslims in a landmine attack.
6/8/06 Afghanistan Ghazni 3 1 Three Afghans are murdered by a Taliban roadside bomb.
6/8/06 Philippines Patikul 1 2 Islamists attack Christians at a carnival, killing one and injuring two more.
6/8/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 0 The Taliban kill two policemen, then mutilated their bodies.

6/8/06 Turkey Istanbul 1 0 Islamists suspected in the assassination of a lawyer.
6/8/06 Afghanistan Balkh 2 1 Two humanitarian workers are murdered in a shooting attack by religious fundamentalists.
6/8/06 Afghanistan Bala Buluk 1 0 Two Talibanis kill a government official on a city street.
6/7/06 India Patnazi 1 0 Islamic terrorists murder an 18-year-old girl in her home.

6/6/06 Afghanistan Khogyani 2 2 A Taliban roadside attack leaves two soldiers dead.

6/4/06 India Rajouri 1 0 Islamic radicals kill a man inside his home.
6/4/06 Pal. Auth Gaza 3 0 Three civilian bystanders are shot to death by Hamas gunmen.
6/4/06 Pal. Auth. Khan Younis 1 2 Militants kill a pregnant woman.
6/4/06 Pakistan Shena Khowar 2 3 al-Qaeda back militants use an IED to kill two Pakistani soldiers in a roadside blast.
6/4/06 Ingushetia Nazran 1 2 Muslim militants kill a soldier in a terror attack.

6/4/06 Afghanistan Paktika 1 0 A health official is shot dead by the Taliban as he is leaving his home.
6/4/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 4 13 A suicidal religious extremist blows up four civilians with an explosives-laden vehicle.

6/2/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A local official is gunned down by Islamists.
6/2/06 Pakistan Noor Gul 2 1 Two people are killed when militants fire a rocket at a house.
6/2/06 India Bhata 1 0 A civilian is abducted and murdered by the Mujahideen.

6/2/06 Pakistan Miran Shah 4 7 Two Fedayeen suicide bombers blow themselves to Allah, taking four Pakistani soliders with them.
6/2/06 Afghanistan Azmarai 3 0 A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills three civilians returning from a picnic.

6/2/06 Syria Damascus 1 0 Armed Islamists attempt to strom a radio station. A security guard is killed.

6/1/06 Kosovo Zitkovac 1 0 A 22-year-old man is shot to death in an automatic weapons ambush by suspected Albanians.
6/1/06 India Budhal 1 0 A civilian is abducted and murdered by the Mujahideen.

When the "moderate" Islamic community starts publicly and repeatedly renouncing this kind of violence my view will quickly change. But their silence is a form of support in my view.

And you are correct, I shall refrain from future name calling and commenting on this subject.

All you have to do is actually READ the teachings of Mohammed to see that he advocated peace at the point of the sword. Go to the source or be counted a moron yourself.

If you don't have the patience for that, then look at EVERY SINGLE muslim country. Malevolent, restricted-freedom societies all of them. Use your powers of observation or be counted an idiot.

raVeneyes said:

I just want to address this:
McVeigh has nothing to do with Christianity. He never claimed to have committed a terrorist act in the name of religion. I don't think there is any evidence that indicates he was even a practicing Christian.

And according to what I just read, when he was executed he didn't make any refrence to Jesus. McVeigh's distribute copies of the 1875 poem "Invictus" befre his execution. "I thank whatever gods may be/ for my unconquerable soul," and ends "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

McVeigh was on record saying he had no convictions regarding the afterlife. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution described McVeigh as "an avowed agnostic," the fact he consulted a priest before his execution surprised everyone around him.

So, this notion that McVeigh is a "Christian terrorist" is dishonest, advanced only in response to 9/11 and the desire by leftists to demonize and equate Christianity with Muslim Fundamentalism.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/maggiegallagher/2002/10/28/164751.html

Calabrio said:
I just want to address this:
McVeigh has nothing to do with Christianity. He never claimed to have committed a terrorist act in the name of religion. I don't think there is any evidence that indicates he was even a practicing Christian.

And according to what I just read, when he was executed he didn't make any refrence to Jesus. McVeigh's distribute copies of the 1875 poem "Invictus" befre his execution. "I thank whatever gods may be/ for my unconquerable soul," and ends "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul"

McVeigh was on record saying he had no convictions regarding the afterlife. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution described McVeigh as "an avowed agnostic," the fact he consulted a priest before his execution surprised everyone around him.

So, this notion that McVeigh is a "Christian terrorist" is dishonest, advanced only in response to 9/11 and the desire by leftists to demonize and equate Christianity with Muslim Fundamentalism.

He wasn't saying McVeigh was a christian, only that he was NOT a Muslim, countering the argument "Eradicate the Muslims and 99% of Terrorism stops."

Resist the temptation to take statements out of context. I know old habits are hard to break, but there are 12-step programs that can help.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
He wasn't saying McVeigh was a christian, only that he was NOT a Muslim, countering the argument "Eradicate the Muslims and 99% of Terrorism stops."

Resist the temptation to take statements out of context. I know old habits are hard to break, but there are 12-step programs that can help.

Resist the temptation to sound like a venomous, pusillanimous hater. I know leopards can't change their spots, but there are containers of Just For Men that can help.

fossten said:
Resist the temptation to sound like a venomous, pusillanimous hater. I know leopards can't change their spots, but there are containers of Just For Men that can help.

Ah, back to resorting to personal attacks when you have nothing else left in your "aresenal". Pathetic, but typical.

Members online

No members online now.
Back