!WANTED! Factory Amp For 1993 Mark VIII

Calkins

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I need a factory JBL/Ford amp for a '93 Mark. I have a working '96 that I would trade.

'93 I need - Serial # 02765 - Part # f3lf-18c807-cc fn-10

'96 I'll trade - Serial # 28623 - Part # f5lf-18c807-aa

I bought this '93 with an aftermarket radio already install, and it looks like it's installed correctly. There doesn't seem to be very much volume coming out of the speakers. I was thinking that the factory amp is bad, and blocking most of the signal from the radio to the speakers. Hopefully, a differnet amp will fix it. The '93 and '96 have differnet plugs, so I can't swap them.

I think I have one you can have......if I didnt toss it.'

I will look tomorrow.
If I can hunt it up pay shipping and its yours.

I just bought one from TheBigRedOne, so hopefully it fixes my problem! If not, I'll be hunting for more parts!

If your 93 is like my 93, the wiring is very strange. The factory amp only works when the cd changer is plugged in. I tried to add an aftermarket stereo to my 93 using the factory amp but when I did that, I got barely any volume whatsoever from the system. The factory amp was not powering on.

To test the cd changer theory, when the factory stereo was in place, I unplugged the changer at the changer plug in the trunk. The instant I unplugged the changer, the factory amp quit working and I got barely any sound out of it. When I plugged the changer back in, it worked again. It was almost like the amp sense wire is at the changer rather than at the head unit. That was using all factory components and no aftermarket parts.

just pitch it all and start over, the stock system is crap, all the "woofers" (5x7's) are wired in series and the tweeters are the only thing that fades. an after market head unit will put out more power by itself

Got the amp in the mail today. I have sound now!!! Thanks again to TheBigRedOne for selling me the amp!

Members online

Back