Want to hot rod '92-'97 Seville/STS

Lee Owens

New LVC Member
Reaction score
What's the scoop on reprogramming the computer for better performance? I've heard it's possible and I've heard it's not. I want to turbocharge it. BTW I don't own one right now. I'm a soldier leaving for Afghanistan soon. I'm getting one when I get back.

Thanks, Lee

Reprogramming the computer as in putting in a performance chip or reprogramming the computer to handle the turbo charger?

There should be a performance chip that works for your year, but concerning the turbocharger -- you can't really get one until someone conquers the computer to handle it.

I remember a company called STS being able to turbo and bypass the computer (at least that's what they said) -- but it's expensive.

http://www.ststurbo.com

If I remenber right the hood is pretty cramped with the engine on those sts and a turbo setup takes a good bit of room. These cars don't seem big on super or turbo chargers. I would probably say getting a port and polish on the heads at say fox lake and maybe different cams beyond that. Then a chip/tune to control it. But you may need to have it done with a dyno as opposed to teling them what you have espically to get the most out of it.

i have a 93 STS and if you can fit a turbo in that... pass on the teachings, because your freakin yoda

HappyMofo said:
i have a 93 STS and if you can fit a turbo in that... pass on the teachings, because your freakin yoda

Well anything can be done if you have the cash, but with that car I would consider nitrous rather a turbo or super charger.

Cadillac Mike said:
Well anything can be done if you have the cash, but with that car I would consider nitrous rather a turbo or super charger.

Actually tackling the '93+ N* engine computer has ended up being more than just an issue of money :Bang

If available, I would recommend charging and then adding nitrous around that than the other way around.

Nitrous set-up on a Caddy is fairly easy.

you could

right now i'm in larimie, wy elevation 7100 ft and just had to unhook the battery to make it adjust to the altitude i don't know if it will work for you but it won't hurt :C

Lee Owens said:
What's the scoop on reprogramming the computer for better performance? I've heard it's possible and I've heard it's not. I want to turbocharge it. BTW I don't own one right now. I'm a soldier leaving for Afghanistan soon. I'm getting one when I get back.

Thanks, Lee

I recall a couple years ago discusion about the development of a super charger for the STS pushing hp north of 400. Pardon the pun.

Members online

No members online now.
Back