Want another LS

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So after 8yrs, I still miss my LS!

I'm now a grad student again and I'm getting a bit tired of parking my monster K2500 Suburban in the school parking lot and the terrible gas mileage it gets. But as a poor grad student, I can't exactly go looking for that pristine LS that would be ideal. Almost all of them have worn spots on the drivers seats but that's to be expected, might be fixable?

More importantly, what are the big, stay away from items when looking at listings beyond the normal stuff like sketchy ads and mismatched body panels? Primarily wanting a Gen2 V6 but will take advice for all of them. I don't want to learn how to drive a stick as cool as that would be in the midst of everything else going on and I REALLY don't want a sunroof.

I have a 2002 ls that I have begun to transform into a on/off track rally Lincoln. I had so many problems trying to keep it hwy in town. Alot of people really put down the Ls but honestly its mechanically engineered ahead of there time. It's gonna make a fast very competitive car. I bought mine for $700.00 in rough shape as far as components and some cooling flange issues. All aluminum body with a 3.9 liter v8 I really just made the final decision so I complety gutted it down to metal interior wise. It's only got a cold air intake upgraded coil packs and I've found that it absolutely runs 50% cleaner and more responsive on 110 racing fuel. Amazing. So I lightened it removing all glass and interior seats door panels. It's crazy loud inside now lol. I'm gonna eventually replace glass with lexon glass. So if anyone has any input or good mods for a budget let me know

I have a 2002 ls that I have begun to transform into a on/off track rally Lincoln. I had so many problems trying to keep it hwy in town. Alot of people really put down the Ls but honestly its mechanically engineered ahead of there time. It's gonna make a fast very competitive car. I bought mine for $700.00 in rough shape as far as components and some cooling flange issues. All aluminum body with a 3.9 liter v8 I really just made the final decision so I complety gutted it down to metal interior wise. It's only got a cold air intake upgraded coil packs and I've found that it absolutely runs 50% cleaner and more responsive on 110 racing fuel. Amazing. So I lightened it removing all glass and interior seats door panels. It's crazy loud inside now lol. I'm gonna eventually replace glass with lexon glass. So if anyone has any input or good mods for a budget let me know

Screenshot_20221204-073634_Video Player.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back