VYCbestusedtires....anyone a paralegal or lawyer on here?

Former Member

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
** if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!**

Im still in the middle of my ordeal with them. Needless to say im not anything close to being happy.

I ordered 2 winterforce tires. one stated it had 95% life left, the other stating it had 90% life left. (im normally a beleive in used tires, why spend 100$ on a tire thats half price when its got minimal wear on it and its just gonna wear down more?)

45.99 for the one with 95%...39.99 for the one with 90%...and 35$ for shipping. and then a 5 or 10% discount for some coupon.

113$ and some off change.

Heres what showed up at my doorstep...For 113$ none the less

Picture240.gif

I called them and they said to email them pictures so i sent em that picture. They said "oh..yep..thats a used tire alright! but its worth every penny" or..500 penny's less then the one next to it. They said i could return it if i wanted to and they could exchange it or credit it.

I emailed them back with, and i quote "I just want to say thats the biggest load of bull:q:q:q:q ive ever heard in my lifetime. 113$ worth of :q:q:q:qty tires that look like that. You got your heads up your asses, Unbeleiveable that your gonna stand behind screwing someone over that bad. You should be out of business. Thanks for nothing"

Realizing that was a bit ummm...yea. i wrote another one saying i shouldnt have been so unprofessional in my last email and i couldve used different wording. And please send me a UPS shipping label in the mail so i can return these tires for a full refund because i am displeased with my service and my product.

I made a mistake with the email that was unprofessional, i realize that. But heres the problem. either im stuck with 113$ worth of tire that looks like that. Or according to their site i can return them for a FULL REFUND! (less shipping and handleing). All i can think is bad words right now.

113$ for 2 tires, one decent, one worth nothing.
-or-
35.99$ (shipping costs) for nothing

Im thinking i need a plan C. I told them if they do not do it this way i will ship them back myself, and do a charge back via credit card for the full amount. not sure if thats possible but it sounds good! then i said id get a lawyer and contact the BBB.

anyone else got any idea's?

well i would say use them and from now on if your going to risk used tires buy them from someone local so you can see them before you buy them there is a reason they came off the car that they were put on new and 99% of the time its because of a issue with the tire just cause it has tread does not make it ok for example remember the explorers that were rolling over did anyone bother to look at the age of those tires? yep there is tread must be good oh wait whats this massive issue called dry rot on my 5 year old tires with 100k on them nah tread must be good sorry i just dont agree with used tires but if you insist like i said buy local so you can look at them before you buy them

im thinking if it works out for the worst ill just make them feel really terrible about it. be like "yea keep my 35$ because i just like giving that out. go buy beer or something, Glad you can take money from someone for no reason and sleep at night while giving them a terrible product. Good thing you found the loophole in america and your making money while screwing everyone else over. GLAD FOR YOU!!! BTW I ALSO HAD CANCER THIS YEAR WOULD YOU LIKE TO CRACK A FEW JOKES AS WELL? might as well since your taking my money for no goddamn reason!!!"

i have a feeling ill just hear click :lol:

Im gonna try to find my own loop hole though. we will see. i should take them to court lol, they probably wont show anyways. doesnt that mean i win?

Is it against the law to impersonate a lawyer? i might call them and say i am one and that the case has opened up and they are going to be taken to court :lol: scare em

Sorry bout the loss, live and learn, buy used tires in person, in fact why risk your life buying used tires period?

I would rather run the ones I HAVE bald than buy ones used that I have no clue what they have been through. what weather they sat in, and how long they sat let alone not seeing them in person.

this is my first bad experience with used tires. all my other ones have been great.

People say your life is riding on your tires, i honestly dont see how. have a blow out at 70mph you can still safley make it to the side of the road. i dont think many deaths have been caused by "used tires"...most are hydroplaneing, but thats a different story. every used tire ive bought has 90+% thread left. hydroplaneing isnt a problem, just uneven wear and the occasional vibration.

to me "theres so much riding on your tires" is a marketing tool, no more then a slogan to scare people into spending way to much money on new tires.

Wow, now Im not being a d*ck but tires mean everything. Thats a real bad way to look at it.

Sure you can get by on cheap ones but only just that. You can get by on used ones, I bought used ones in the past but I did it with the understanding that tires mean everything. I also didnt order them over the internet.

Theirs tons of deaths related to dumb people on bad tires!

Think about all the recalls do to people dying from blow outs!

The infamous Firestone recall?

i have to agree with jwerner, the tires are the only part touching the road. so its pretty important.
p.s. Just ordered some Blizzaks for about $65 each on tire rack
245/40/17
$300 delivered for all 4, and they also have some $50 gift card program too i think

I'd just eat the loss on the shipping and handling and go on with your life. There are more important things to worry about. You know to never deal with that site again, lesson learned. Also on my other car I go to the local yard and buy my tires for $20 - $25 each sometimes they are brand new they just pull them from totaled vehicles.

i have to agree with jwerner, the tires are the only part touching the road. so its pretty important.
p.s. Just ordered some Blizzaks for about $65 each on tire rack
245/40/17
$300 delivered for all 4, and they also have some $50 gift card program too i think

I dont see those on tirerack anywhere for that price...do you have a link?

the firestone blow outs werent caused solely by people buying used tires lol. that was way differernt.

we obviously have different outlooks on tires.

On my bike i wont run used tires, motorcycles are to dangerous as it is.

I didnt say it was,..lol!

I was using it as a rebuttal to this entire statement made.....

People say your life is riding on your tires, i honestly dont see how. have a blow out at 70mph you can still safley make it to the side of the road. i dont think many deaths have been caused by "used tires"...most are hydroplaneing, but thats a different story. every used tire ive bought has 90+% thread left. hydroplaneing isnt a problem, just uneven wear and the occasional vibration.

to me "theres so much riding on your tires" is a marketing tool, no more then a slogan to scare people into spending way to much money on new tires.

Specifically the sentence highlighted in bold.

Save the extra money, buy tires new, have more fun on the road using those tires for what they are designed for ( performance ) and be safe.

I especially wouldnt buy used snow tires. Like I aid I bought used tires in the past on other vehicles but as a temporary fix and I knew what those used tires could handle.

Anyway, if this is your logical way of thinking why are you buying snow tires?

Just get a cheap set of used tires locally and have them stiped.

they were supposed to be used snow tires with 95% thread left and 90% thread left. That isnt that "used" if you ask me. If you look at the picture the one looks like its got about 50% thread left at its best.

like i said i havent had any issues till now.

and as of now the situation is handeled...my plan C worked lol. Told them i was going to take them to court and all that. They said they will give me a refund minus the cost of me shipping them back. I called UPS and said i wasnt here when they deleivered the package and i want to deny it. So they will come and pick it up tuesday and send it back. so i wont pay shipping and ill get my full refund back.

Now its time to put that money towards an sct tuner lol.

At least its situated now.

Hope the UPS guy falls for it. No one that I know of that sells online ever rewards you the cost of shipping with a return if they understand 100% or not.

Thats the one thing I think about when ordering.

jwerner, maybe the guy ive been dealing with actually knows they are in the wrong here?? thats hard to beleive though.

i think he thinks that im going to spend more then 35$ shipping them back to them and ill be out money. when in reality im just denying the package through UPS.

jwerner, maybe the guy ive been dealing with actually knows they are in the wrong here?? thats hard to beleive though.

Possibly, but seeing on how they told you they would do it to begin with Im sure its in the policy somewhere;)

In the end you really didnt win any battle and are only ripping off UPS for no reason.

More than once huh?

It was multiple incidents and recalls.

Actually i beleive in the shipping price you pay you also pay for denial of the package and the shipping back to the company, ALOT of people deny packages. i know my work does atleast a few times a week.

And If i am ripping ups off, i think they can afford it. and some people might agree that UPS deserves to get ripped off haha.

Members online

No members online now.
Back