VW Wagon

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
A guy at work is selling his VW Jetta Wagon TDI, forget what year he says it is, but not much more than ten years old. He says it has 200,000 miles on it, 5-speed. The only thing it needs is it's 200,000 mile maintenance, new EGR valve, and a new fender and door (fairly easy fix) and he said it will let it go for $2500. With the price of diesel would it be worth it to buy this car.

A guy at work is selling his VW Jetta Wagon TDI, forget what year he says it is, but not much more than ten years old. He says it has 200,000 miles on it, 5-speed. The only thing it needs is it's 200,000 mile maintenance, new EGR valve, and a new fender and door (fairly easy fix) and he said it will let it go for $2500. With the price of diesel would it be worth it to buy this car.

Every part I ever had to buy for my 98 passat had to come from the dealer ,you won't be able to run down to ya local parts store to work on it . Special coolant , power steering fluid ect. If you do buy it and it has a timing belt do it before you start driving it ,rebuilding a head on one of these is mucho expensive , sodium filled valves , belt slipped on mine bent The valves and I was gonna be 1200 to rebuild the head , me doin the grunt work . Ended up sellin the pos for 700 and oddly enough I gave 2500 for this car in good shape , no body work needed with 78000 miles These cars get great mileage but the parts price is rather insane. . I wouldn't buy another vw unless it was leased and under warranty so the dealer would have to fix it . Nothin against vw but I had nothin but trouble outa the one I had, go price the egr valve he says it needs and you'll know why he ain't done it yet . Not tryin to talk ya out of it but if ya going to be working on it you need to be ready ,whish someone would have gave me some insite before I bought mine.

Late-model Volkswagen cars seem to top everybody's "least dependable" and "expensive to maintain" lists, the only thing worse would probably be Land Rover. I wouldn't consider buying one at any price, but that's just me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back