Volume of air from DATC

Surfdude 49

LVC Member
Reaction score
Greetings I have a 2006 Lincoln ls and the volume of air from the panel mode is now very low All the modes work and the fan sounds normal throughout the speed adjustments I have been told that a door might be stuck partially I have the factory manuals but haven't been able to locate this "door"

Are you sure you are looking for the right door? It could be that one of the other doors (floor or defrost) are not closing fully, rather than the panel door not opening fully. In any event, if you haven't removed the entire dash, you haven't really looked for the panel door.
This is for a 1st gen, but it's nearly the same for your 2nd gen: Dash Board Removal Thread

Have you tried the DATC self diagnostics to see if it can identify the problem?
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
scroll down to "Front Panel DATC Module Self-Test "

Are you sure you are looking for the right door? It could be that one of the other doors (floor or defrost) are not closing fully, rather than the panel door not opening fully. In any event, if you haven't removed the entire dash, you haven't really looked for the panel door.
This is for a 1st gen, but it's nearly the same for your 2nd gen: Dash Board Removal Thread

Have you tried the DATC self diagnostics to see if it can identify the problem?
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual
scroll down to "Front Panel DATC Module Self-Test "
Thank you This looks to be a fair amount of work I have been a mechanic since the mid 60s but this would be a new challenge Can any issues arise with the air
bag? will I have any concerns when I reconnect the battery? I tried the self test that revealed b1242 b1262 b1264 I followed the action and the defrost was not working The fan came on high but no flow at the outlet or demisters

Members online

No members online now.
Back