VISTEON 60 1008 Ignition Coil Unavailable (again)

RCodePaul

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Had good luck with mine, trying to help a friend out, no luck on eBay or anywhere. Liked the mid priced option. Anybody have a source? Delphi via RockAuto my next best?
Thanks in advance
Paul

Had good luck with mine, trying to help a friend out, no luck on eBay or anywhere. Liked the mid priced option. Anybody have a source? Delphi via RockAuto my next best?
Thanks in advance
Paul

The V8 Visteon's are apparently permanently unavailable new.......

Roger that, thanks for the knowledge. Weird that the V6 versions are. I know there are threads all over about COPs but I'm not interested in HiPo just a serviceable mid level replacement. Not digging the Motorcraft price, any experience with Delphi or similar?

Roger that, thanks for the knowledge. Weird that the V6 versions are. I know there are threads all over about COPs but I'm not interested in HiPo just a serviceable mid level replacement. Not digging the Motorcraft price, any experience with Delphi or similar?

As sensitive as the LSes electrical system seems to be I would stick with Motorcraft. The new version should give much better service than the older versions..... Besides, why skimp on a, when new, near $50K car??

Delphi is the main service brand for General Motors, although they do make service replacement parts for other makes. I've always had good experiences with their products.

Anyone have any experiences with the "high performance" coils on eBay with the red tops? Probably no better than stock, but just wandered if they have sh*t out on anybody who has used them.

I have had good luck with the BWD brand, I feel you on the motorcraft price tag for a car that's ten + years old. Not in production and barely worth the price of a set of new tires. I understand back then it was a 50 thousand dollar car. And still it was plagued wit problems Then and now. The sad part is they still sell motorcraft coils and the life span is just about the same as the ones the say the epoxy was bad on.

A lifetime warrenty if one goes bad pull it and swap it out sounds better then 70 bucks cause the one year warrenty ran out. It more so personal preference,

Some people like ketchup and hot sauce, I'm from chicago I like mild sauce.

Go wit what fits the budget. If you got 560 dollars for a set of coils I say save that add about 3 grand to it and buy a more reliable car. That don't eat coils for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I thought the fact that you can get the v6 version just about anywhere was strange too.

You would think if you bought the vs version and used the v8 boots it would still work.

I wonder if anyone on the site in the past tried this v6 on a v8 conversion.

I thought the fact that you can get the v6 version just about anywhere was strange too.

You would think if you bought the vs version and used the v8 boots it would still work.

I wonder if anyone on the site in the past tried this v6 on a v8 conversion.

If I'm not mistaken the V6 used in the LS is a standard Ford V6 used in other makes, so would be more readily available. I would wonder if Jaguar V8 COPs might not work on the LS seeing as Jaguar continued with the AJ engine long after Lincoln stopped using them. I was able to get cooling system gaskets from my local Jag dealer with no problems, after my local Lincoln dealer couldn't even find the correct part number.

If I'm not mistaken the V6 used in the LS is a standard Ford V6 used in other makes, so would be more readily available. I would wonder if Jaguar V8 COPs might not work on the LS seeing as Jaguar continued with the AJ engine long after Lincoln stopped using them. I was able to get cooling system gaskets from my local Jag dealer with no problems, after my local Lincoln dealer couldn't even find the correct part number.

Jaguar may just be the place to go!!

The V6 is a modification of the old Duratech engine. The basics, I believe, are the same.

So there's a possibility that the jag coils might work? Have any one tried them? Or matched specs, to see if they are the same as lincoln?

I went over to rockauto.com and pulled up a 2003 LS V8 and a 2003 Jag S type 4.2, and the part numbers for the COPs were the same on several different options. Therefore, Jaguar is a source for the COPs. I then checked to see how new a car would have them, and found that the 2009 XJ8 4.2L uses the same part number, but only on the Beck-Arnley brand which is not listed under the 2003 LS. This implies that the same COPs on all the Jaguar AJ engines will work on the LS but of course you'll want to verify before buying.

Hehehe ... unless your name is BigRigLS and you did manage to get a box of 8 brand new never installed Visteon 60-1008's
On my LS stockpile shelving with all the other surplus goodies. Pic or it didn't happen?

Wait! that's not even a pic! soooo it didn't happen!

I was lucky in my extensive search to secure a set of visions for the V8, it was right around the time when they could still be found but was hit or mis on their real actual in stock on the self ready to ship inventory. Did find a part store in Jersey that confirmed they were the correct ones but would not ship to Canada.

After several months of searching for a backup set as Visteon's I eventually gave up and my brand new OEM coils were still holding up great. Figured I'd just get more Motorcrafts when needed.

Suddenly out of nowhere someone jumps on here and has a set of never used 1008 Visteon's for sale.

.... RISKY PURCHASE ALERT ...

turned out the guy was from same province as myself here in Canada, was willing to discuss the sale on the phone.

all was well and price was reasonable, put them away for later.

If you ever see me post an ad for 7 good slightly used OEM Motorcraft coils, you'll know the Visteon's went in. ;)

If you ever see me post an ad for 7 good slightly used OEM Motorcraft coils, you'll know the Visteon's went in. ;)

Do you have the extremely rare 7-cylinder LS?????

:lol::lol::lol::bowrofl:

No, one would be misfiring and I'd take it out, throw it away, replace all with Visteons and end up with 7 still good Motorcrafts for sale. (as if)

Wow, I wished I had seen this earlier, a set of six visteons for my v6 is about half what I just paid for a set from Rock Auto. Just installed them this weekend. But if they last another year, I'm probably gonna trade the LS off, or maybe I should buy a spare set of the visteons while the geting is good......

Members online

No members online now.
Back